Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Bust Rodd posted:

It's just mind-blowing that we have, politically, entirely adopted the mentality that COVID isn't real, and if it is real, it is only happening to poor people far away (like 12 blocks away in the projects of DC). Like after all the hemming and hawing about Trump rallies Biden is still throwing a weeklong super-spreader because what we all need right now is apparently a big party

if it makes you feel better between military check points, fash orders, anti fash patrols and the running battle between cops, feds, antifash, PBs and Boogs not a lot of people are gonna be moving around DC anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is this the succ zone

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

is this the succ zone

Hopefully not!

I'm thinking this thread is for news, and discussion, about GETTING MY loving MONEY

and the Dem's and the poo poo they're up to I guess

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/krystalball/status/1351665859018813443

Same!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shageletic posted:

Hopefully not!

I'm thinking this thread is for news, and discussion, about GETTING MY loving MONEY

and the Dem's and the poo poo they're up to I guess

so the succ zone. you're trying to recreate the succ zone.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

so the succ zone. you're trying to recreate the succ zone.

Succzone seems to be mostly about bumfuck takes on twitter to me

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I missed this, Markey seems to be jumping on the monthly 2K check thing. I'll wait with baited breath.

Markey called for Congress to pass his proposal of $2,000 monthly stimulus checks in a statement on Friday.

"The $1,400 in direct cash assistance is a down payment that will help families make rent, put food on the table, and pay the utility bills after Senate Republicans blocked that additional funding back in December," the Democrat said.

"But we must still pass my legislation with Senator Bernie Sanders [of Vermont] to provide $2,000 monthly payments to working people through the duration of the pandemic."

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shageletic posted:

Succzone seems to be mostly about bumfuck takes on twitter to me

Then you’re wrong and illiterate.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Then you’re wrong and illiterate.

ah there's that suzzone flavor I miss and cherish

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

600 + 1400 = ?

It doesn't take obtuse reading of campaign promises to poo poo on Democrats, no need to reach.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lord Of Texas posted:

600 + 1400 = ?

It doesn't take obtuse reading of campaign promises to poo poo on Democrats, no need to reach.

the Democrats literally campaigned in GA on 2k checks you loving Orwellian freak, go suck on the toes of an austerity rapist some more as he promises you less than nothing

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Lord Of Texas posted:

600 + 1400 = ?

they campaigned on $2000 checks for weeks after the $600 checks passed and were out the door

also republicans passed the $600 checks, not dems

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lord Of Texas posted:

600 + 1400 = ?

lmao

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Lord Of Texas posted:

600 + 1400 = ?

brilliant electoral strategy to pull a "ah but you didn't read the fine print" con on your voters

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lord Of Texas posted:

600 + 1400 = ?

gently caress you

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lord Of Texas posted:

600 + 1400 = ?

=1+1999

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
democrats promised us 40 x 25 = X/2 checks ya'll. get with the program

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Lord Of Texas posted:

600 + 1400 = ?

incredible

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Of Texas posted:

600 + 1400 = ?

As a pedantic sack of poo poo I'm sympathetic to this argument but there is absolutely no good reason for the next checks to not be $2000. Semantic interpretation of campaign rhetoric should be used to get people in need MORE help, not less.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

a topping-up check for $1400 is not the "$2000 check" that biden promised if warnock and ossoff won

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

With budget reconciliation, this Dem Congress only really has 2 or 3 chances to pass meaningful legislation that people can notice in their everyday lives before the midterms next year. Lol, if you use one of them to disappoint your base. Just, lol.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shageletic posted:

With budget reconciliation, this Dem Congress only really has 2 or 3 chances to pass meaningful legislation that people can notice in their everyday lives before the midterms next year. Lol, if you use one of them to disappoint your base. Just, lol.

Biden has already said no to budget reconciliation. Also gas thread ban op it’s time to get back in the succ zone

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Biden has already said no to budget reconciliation. Also gas thread ban op it’s time to get back in the succ zone

lol NEVEEEEEER

we'll see what happens. Schumer has run the Senate according to a first man amongst equal kinda thing where his priorities are based on what his Senators want to happen. Here's the list off folks heading Cmme chairs at least a couple days ago:

Appropriations — Patrick Leahy, Vermont
Armed Services — Jack Reed, Rhode Island
Banking — Sherrod Brown, Ohio
Budget — Bernie Sanders, Vermont
Finance — Ron Wyden, Oregon
Foreign Relations — Bob Menendez, New Jersey
Health & Education — Patty Murray, Washington
Homeland Security — Gary Peters, Massachusetts
Intelligence — Mark Warner, Virginia
Judiciary — Dick Durbin, Illinois

Earmarks are explicitly back in. These people are gonna want to have their priorities passed, so what it comes down to is this: is Biden as hands off and reverential to a Dem Congress, as he is to a Republican one?

We'll see. Honestly thing Congress will be running things for the next few months based on past exp, esp when it comes to Biden.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Tho Obama came from the Congress and he explicitly put the Dem caucus under his thumb (in like, an incredibly dumb and damaging way). Maybe the Presidency makes you a loving idiot? Again, we'll see.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow this thread succs poo poo

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Shageletic posted:

lol NEVEEEEEER

we'll see what happens. Schumer has run the Senate according to a first man amongst equal kinda thing where his priorities are based on what his Senators want to happen. Here's the list off folks heading Cmme chairs at least a couple days ago:

Earmarks are explicitly back in. These people are gonna want to have their priorities passed, so what it comes down to is this: is Biden as hands off and reverential to a Dem Congress, as he is to a Republican one?

We'll see. Honestly thing Congress will be running things for the next few months based on past exp, esp when it comes to Biden.

What about Cam Greeley, who's acting vice chairman of the Committee of the Interior? I wouldn't mind seeing whether he can get some of his agenda passed - my understanding is he is pushing hard for a repeal of the Tamp Act.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biden and Schumer already said they’re going to do whatever the Republicans want you absolute shmucks

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
TBH the 1400 is weasel poo poo, it should be 2000 but even worse is that they are already saying they can't pass it till march LOL

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

What about Cam Greeley, who's acting vice chairman of the Committee of the Interior? I wouldn't mind seeing whether he can get some of his agenda passed - my understanding is he is pushing hard for a repeal of the Tamp Act.

??????

Tom Udall is up for it afaik

e: is this sarcasm. Have I been...trolled?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

1200 + 600 = 1800

Enjoy your 200 check

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
why are there ten thousand threads about the same poo poo. close and gas

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Taintrunner posted:

Biden and Schumer already said they’re going to do whatever the Republicans want you absolute shmucks

its called heightening the contradictions you deviationist fool. comrade biden will follow in the footsteps of Mao to deliver protracted people's war.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mila kunis posted:

why are there ten thousand threads about the same poo poo. close and gas

shag wants a safe space

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

shag wants a safe space

well yeah.

anyvay, this is gonna be a good bellweather to see how badly the Dems gently caress up 2021

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1350253426278625291

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shageletic posted:

lol NEVEEEEEER

i appreciate your attempt to singlehandedly bring back the succ thread, good luck and good morning sunday morning

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This thread is nice but I think it should be closed and your efforts focused on the BIDEN thread

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol drat the people have spoken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
is this the “gently caress libs” thread now?