Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Forgot to post earlier this week, but Spirited Away will be playing in select theaters over the next three or four days as part of the seemingly annual Studio Ghibli film revival thing

The next one'll be Nausicaa in mid May according to this site:

https://yattatachi.com/2024-anime-japanese-films-coming-to-u-s-theaters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They should show turn-a Gundam instead

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Spy family movie is in theaters now I guess so that's cool

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Stairmaster posted:

They should show turn-a Gundam instead

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Freedom is doing a limited engagement next month in America. Two nights only, one night subbed the other dubbed.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Lol

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I've been watching Salad Bowl of Eccentrics, and its okay. It has made me start wondering ifnI should.watch Detective Conan, but the like 500 episodes on Crunchyroll, while not One Piece daunting is still a lot

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah salad bowl owns, 3 eps in and there's already some kind of pyramid scheme cult

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Truga posted:

yeah salad bowl owns, 3 eps in and there's already some kind of pyramid scheme cult

That poo poo was wild, also that same character jumping out a window to evade arrest by the vice squad

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

KomradeX posted:

I've been watching Salad Bowl of Eccentrics, and its okay. It has made me start wondering ifnI should.watch Detective Conan, but the like 500 episodes on Crunchyroll, while not One Piece daunting is still a lot

It does help that it's pretty episodic so unlike One Piece it's easy to take breaks as needed and pick it back up without needing to remember all sorts of stuff.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my favorite part of detective conan is how no character ever acknowledges any of the insane poo poo that constantly happens.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Srice posted:

It does help that it's pretty episodic so unlike One Piece it's easy to take breaks as needed and pick it back up without needing to remember all sorts of stuff.

Okay maybe I'll start watching than, they got that movie on Netflix I think so maybe I'll. Start with that

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

my favorite part of detective conan is how no character ever acknowledges any of the insane poo poo that constantly happens.

there kind of is an entire manga about it, from the perspective of a future murderer

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

drat dungeon meshi got really dark

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Augus posted:

drat dungeon meshi got really dark

I'm interested right now, but I hope the tone doesn't completely change forever.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
no American journalism is not ok

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1785596125866520824?t=PmJg8nEYryTbFIKG5GDpmQ&s=19

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Otherside Picnic Vol. 9 officially announced: "The Fourth Kind's Summer Vacation" releasing May 22nd in Japan.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

That tunnel with the light at the top? That's yuri.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
what light I can't find it

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the absence of light is also yuri

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Can't wait for Sowaro and Toriko getting stuck with the former cult leader high-schooler with the magic voice tagging along for their pseudo-honeymoon into the Other Side. I'm looking forward to more Runa, she's been a fun character, and the 'what now?' for her is one of the bigger threads still dangling.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheOtaking/status/1785610363259548132

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Labor Union posters, made by the character designer for the game "Stellar Blade"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

having a mouth on the side of your face is yuri

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Ytlaya posted:

Scabby the rat, made by the character designer for the game "five nights at Freddy's"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

having a mouth on the side of your face is yuri

What do you need a mouth for pervert, to lick pussy?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

tokin opposition posted:

What do you need a mouth for pervert, to lick pussy?

to be incapable of licking the pussy - this too is Yuri

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There is literally nothing more yuri than two girls who never touch each other.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
two dudes loving only makes one think about how cool it would be if it was two girls loving so really yaoi is yuri too

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Considering how many fujoshis are lesbian this checks out

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

hey in spice and wolf why was holo just sorta dancing while the guys talked here

https://x.com/otakuspirited/status/1785033282284925378?s=46&t=kbB084LXvpaC9EB66c7D6w

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
that too is yuri

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1786338055076364380

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
holy gently caress please be a good adaptation

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Dungeon Meshi back to a lighter tone just loving around with some weird monsters, so that's good. I liked the more serious episodes, but like Cowboy Bebop before it, having just half a dozen or so "important" story episodes is a good balance.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The manga maintains a good pacing after the actual core plot hook hits. So it'll go for stretches of plot critical stuff and stretches of adventure stuff, until it ramps up to the climax.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Delicious in Dungeon has been very good.

Also.it maybe a minority opinion but I don't think Cowboy Bebop has a single bad episode

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

wolfs posted:

hey in spice and wolf why was holo just sorta dancing while the guys talked here

https://x.com/otakuspirited/status/1785033282284925378?s=46&t=kbB084LXvpaC9EB66c7D6w

excess animation budget. use it or lose it

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

KomradeX posted:

Delicious in Dungeon has been very good.

Also.it maybe a minority opinion but I don't think Cowboy Bebop has a single bad episode

Every episode before ed shows up

And every frame Ed is not in

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

tokin opposition posted:

Every episode before ed shows up

And every frame Ed is not in

Would you also like some epic bacon with that monkeycheese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

look i am just glad that we have reached the Izutsumi part of Delicious in Dungeon