Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Good soup! posted:

Kill la kill is an embarrassingly anime anime to the point of being completely repellent

The first three eps are good tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hodgepodge posted:

not strictly and anime, but the only time i've encountered sometime too anime to be bearable is disgaea and that was at least half down to being painfully saccharine which i guess is nic soft or whatever's thing and a monkey cheese sort of humor that lead to a weird buck rodgers parody when i wanted to be carving a bloody path through hell

in conclusion thank you for listening to this deeply personal trauma from which i immediately recovered because none of my college roommates were judgy

I liked the wierd buck rogers parody. I liked that the hell senate involves you beating the poo poo out of all dissentors, and you can abhuse the combination mechanic to get more votes by throwing weak anti senators onto higher level pro senators

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Xaris posted:

i started watching this late yesteday night. i dont have any other frame of reference for anime besides spirited away but i'm 3 eps in and it's been v enjoyable

You watched all the good eps.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

BULBASAUR posted:

actually klk is good

The First Half Of <----- Insert this in to fix your statment

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

It might be closer to the first third? Because the climax tournament of the first half sux too. Once you get to Gamagooris car its gonna be downhill

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

its fine. action anime made by trigger. no idea what people expect out of it

Action anime made by trigger which was the first major project they had after splitting from Gainax. I think everyone wanted Gurren Lagaan 2

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Truga posted:

it's a semi-popular show that gets horny more than once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSPKAB70xtg

Oh that wasnt the meltdown post I expected. I was expecting the one that counted how many seconds bare rear end was on screen to prove that kill la kill wasnt that horny

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

crepeface posted:

i fell off anime hard for a long time, so the last things i remember watching are kill la kill, the rebuild eva movies (4th coming out soon!? 😱) and... devilman crybaby. basically only stuff i've heard a lot about. i've been meaning to watch paranoia agent, promare and kengen ashura but i've been feeling more like playing an interactive game instead of watching stuff

just do what i do and only care about one piece

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Bootleg Trunks posted:

The ruroni kenshin guy said he likes middle school girls

The log horizon guy cheated on his taxes

Guess which one japan was more outraged by

To be fair to japan the log horizon guy did it like 3 times and only got in trouble after he went too far

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

scary ghost dog posted:

beastars is trash but it has the best op of all time

I appreciate beastars for the chapters that were about like, the hen being proud of her eggs. Just going full bore into realizing the world instead of acting like the animals are just humans with bunny ears

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Good soup! posted:

hahaha that's cool

I've talked too much about Monster but the only other thing I'll say is that is also the rare show that has an amazing last leg and finale

and mannn the last few minutes of that final episode :stare:

I do not remember the ending of Monster at all but Im straight up shocked someones saying Naoki Urasawa managed to give a story a good ending. Its like his biggest weakness. Maybe I should read it again

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Declan MacManus posted:

to be fair, how the gently caress do you give something like billy bat a good ending

The man gave a story a good ending but then he was like "Hmmm, but what if theere was a SECOND timeskip" while writing 20th century boys

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Declan MacManus posted:

there was some dude defending goblin slayer in the old thread, that was a weird time

ya that was me, but i just said i didnt think it read as fascist as other ppl were saying.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

pretty much, and then they have to form a functional society mostly from scratch. it has a lot of ideas and plot elements that sound really interesting but then just plain aren't.

The world had PK turned off in cities, and if you died in the game you did not die in real life so killing people had litle conseqence

But a bunch of people realized that they could just block the doorway to prevent people from leaving a building, and thats how they got thier slave labor. Using habbo hotel tactics.

It could have been executed better but i liked the idea.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

FormaldehydeSon posted:

I loved inuyasha as a kid but now couldn't even remotely tell you what it's about. Hallmark of a great anime

When he reforged his sword with a single wolf tooth it made it so heavy he couldnt lift it. Thats literally all i remember

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hodgepodge posted:

the hunters organization is elitist as hell but at the same time their bizarre version of capitalism probably makes more sense than the real thing. also the old dude nukes the bug emperor.

the hunter organization only having like 300 ppl in it was wierd to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Augus posted:

it makes a lot more sense than if it were the opposite imo. they're given basically bottomless bank accounts, unrestricted travel to most countries in the world, and legal immunity.
also the exam to become a member is a meat grinder where a handful of hyper-competent, insane killing machines roll over all the other applicants

Yea but theres so many specialties. I guess I just got it in my head that theres a whole division of gourmet hunters, but there cant be more than like 5 or 6 considering how small the association is