Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

McKilligan posted:

So, there's that 'Resurrect John Brown and give him a Battlemech' meme going around, and I decided to do a thing. Maybe a t-shirt design or something, dunno. It's still a work in progress - I'm still tinkering with the mech design (Trying to find a balance bettwen Gundam and Eva), but I could use some help with the text - The NGE title is just a placeholder, I need something that captures the essence of John Brown by way of obtuse, overly verbose anime/game titles in the vein of 'Neon Genesis Evangelion' or 'Tactical Espionage Action'.

so far, all I've got are 'Revolutionary Abolitionist Catalyst/Incitement', or something like that.

This is cool and my suggestion is JOHN X BROWN like gun x sword, thank you for listening. I like simple more than obtuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Or a wierd combination word like OVERABOLITIONIST RIDER BROWN like its a super robot show

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ba

Sharkopath has issued a correction as of 20:22 on Jun 10, 2023

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ba

Sharkopath has issued a correction as of 20:21 on Jun 10, 2023

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ba

Sharkopath has issued a correction as of 20:21 on Jun 10, 2023

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

KillerQueen posted:

Anyone else liking #DRCL?

i love dracula and it has cool art and mina kicks rear end in it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

they also produced like 70+ episodes of the shin-chan gag dub, in the same style as that ghost stories gag dub. its wild

Speaking of shin chan i saw adult empire recently and its surprisingly relevant and super cool, one of my favorite animated films now. Id watch it over every ghibli except porco rosso which i still love too much.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

why do Old Goons still get insanely irrationally mad at the existence of anime. what is so broken in the gen xer brain that causes this

Didnt grow up with it and have the cynical streak from that life experience that it has to be for losers, because that was the omnipresent joke in 2004 when the forums were relevant, but now anybody under the age of 30 grew up with anime and like it and talk about it normally, and they havent experienced that so they only know the old joke.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

if the american comic industry was more broad than DC and Marvel that same problem would exist here. its really loving gross when people frame it as a specifically 'japanese problem'

the pitfalls of democratization i guess!!

It actually is now, scholastic comics for kids and series for young adults that end up in barnes and noble are way more popular than the superheroes now

Demon Slayer crushed all of them though as far as I know.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

People get weird about anime coz it's surrounded by pedo stuff and weird poo poo in a way that batman or marvelboy aren't

I don't ask for manga reccomendations anymore coz adtrw was talking about a psychological thriller and it turned out to involve the main character eating his own cum and raping a minor to fix her mental problems

And every time I run out of Baki on a manga site I'm dumped out into walls of horny isekai trash like I'm in some weird comic store steam store hybrid hell dimension

I'll still read that garbage but there's a reason people are still cautious about it all.
There's a lot of good manga or anime where you gotta go "yeah ignore that bit"

I recommend that if somebody told you to read 1 comic and it was bad you dont decide to stop reading all 300 thousand of the other comics that come out every year because of that one bad experience, thats wierd.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

My first and only exposure to kino was A Serbian Film and now I know all film lovers are hosed up perverts and never to listen to them when they say come down to the movie house.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If you want to find cool comics you have to be willing to just go in blind and sometimes a comic isn't to your liking, but theres so much variety out there and quality stuff even in the niche subgenres people deride as inherent rot like isekai. If you don't want any romance or sexual content at all theres thousands of comics just for you, because manga is a medium and not a genre.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm8xXAgUtmz7Ci9cyzAfP2qer09QjtbRH

somebody uploaded every ep of 0080 in good quality with good subtitles to youtube at some point even lol

god the full op sequence in episode 1 is my fav. i love 'ill never give up forever'

Just remembered that somebody also did the same to Giant Robo and I really recommend it if you've never seen it, its my absolute favorite of the entire Mecha/Wuxia/Mystery/Thriller combination genre and is only 7 sub hour long episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DB6EggrwMM&list=PLyTf9nofhlNAC5U16QI6l2Re7orRWX0ax

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

you seen giant robo yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

I mean, there were definitely some civilian casualties from the attack on the hotels and subsequent mobile suit battle. You could argue that this is acceptable collateral damage but let's not pretend these are surgical assassinations where no innocents get caught in the crossfire. That said, I think the narrative of this first movie at least is that Mafty are certainly more sympathetic than the Federation.

I feel like doing assassination with giant robot beam weaponry is perhaps less ideal than normal methods of assassination and mafty might want to refocus a little bit here.