Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
planetes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
bumping "planetes" again; its about space garbage men. it definitely can be a bit...overly silly in moments, but the whole thing is an excellent view of capitalism and imperialism and is good hard space sci-fi. its really worth a full viewing cuz the ending is incredible

anyone got any recommendations for things to watch with this vibe and style? its exactly up my alley

i've already seen some: like cowboy bebop and stand alone complex, but i would love to explore more.

RaySmuckles has issued a correction as of 06:12 on Jan 12, 2021

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
thanks for the replies

i've actually seen the original macross and i can tell you that, just like minmay, my boyfriend is also a pilot

keep the recs coming: good animation, action and that oh so unique japanese feel for tech and society

RaySmuckles has issued a correction as of 06:42 on Jan 12, 2021

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
adding in venus wars

its a pretty decent 1980s style sci-fi that does a good job demonstrating the bad sides of war, guerilla resistance, and somewhat celebrating not worshiping the military

its not excellent, but i found it enjoyable

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
to all the "war in the pocket" recommenders:

god drat it, i thought it was gonna be childish. i thought it was gonna be dumb.

but its pretty darn good

gently caress

edit: bernie woulda won :qq:

RaySmuckles has issued a correction as of 07:41 on Jan 25, 2021