Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Augus posted:

watch Promare
already seen it? watch it again

it's the dumbest movie i've ever seen. its amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
anyone here seen serial experiments lain? probably the best representation of atomised individualism in the digital age i've ever seen. incredible and devastatingly contemporary atmosphere.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
finally finished End of Evangelion (spent the last week or so binging NGE and death and rebirth), and although I have to admit I greatly enjoyed watching it, and loved the aesthetic weirdness and the daring last half hour, I really don't think it's quite as difficult and incomprehensible as people think. at its core it's a scathing critique of alienation in a very broad sense (which it, of course, has in common with many Japanese works. Serial Experiments Lain as a particularly striking example). as striking as its esoteric, kabbalistic elements are, i'd argue the third impact is really just hegelian civil society in practice taken to its logical conclusion.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
also, the kaworu/shinji relationship makes much more sense as a romantic relationship so screw all the disbelieving wiki nerds