Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

crepeface posted:

kill la kill is an extremely horny anime built around the japanese pun of fascism = fashion by studio trigger and it is batshit. if you gave it a miss because of the aforementioned horniness, give it another shot

i see it didn’t even take 2 pages for perverts to start telling on themselves. true successor to the og anime thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

animist posted:

my hot take on Blindsight and Echopraxia is that peter watts is basically a coward attached to feeble positivist notions of consciousness. He wants to believe he's totally rational and in control of himself, and he's terrified of letting go of that illusion of control.

all his characters -- both human and alien -- reflect his fear of alternative ways of thinking (from the standard western model). nobody and nothing in his books can be cognitively different without being "broken", insane or sociopathic or a cold paperclip maximizer.

like don't get me wrong, the novels are creative and all. but the moral of Echopraxia is basically just "wouldn't it be spooky if your brain... did stuff without asking you???"

like, dude, I don't mind when it does that. it's pretty cool to have a heartbeat actually.

pretty sure they're about how cool monism is but go off

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Good soup! posted:

I think it's because when it came out there was the thing about it saving anime and being a game changer or whatever but instead of something like say cowboy bebop, it was just horny annoying cringeworthy ultra anime poo poo that a vocal contingent of anime fans couldn't shut the gently caress up about

I remember when Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann aired too

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Homeless Friend posted:

can't believe you were just given the text/post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwq5K-EK8Pc

aaahahaha

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
my favorite leftist anime is avatar the last airbender :shobon:

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Mandoric posted:

*some dumb lovely Shield Hero monologue, but it includes the phrase "laughable Xhosa girl"*

a 40 minute episode that covers 30 seconds of action because TiDi is red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
I think it's about how transmigrating bodies doesn't change your aspergers. Also regretting I didn't switch to the sub sooner, her bourgeois conspirator/uncle figure is DIO