Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

watching fmab as a teen made me more sympathetic toward iraqis and palestinians when i saw the episodes about the ishvalan war of extermination. scar was the best character in that show

yes i had a small brain and i needed anime to feel empathy, what of it

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 22:16 on Mar 4, 2021

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Declan MacManus posted:

yep, so’s the dude who wrote act age

these fellas don't know how to act their age

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Animes I never got to experience as a kid: naruto, dbz, one piece, yugioh. Any of those worth watching just for the hell of it, or at least up to a certain point? I was 100% pokemon but I sort of feel like I missed something

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Okay so if I'm going to fomo into the anime I feel like I missed out on as a kid, which ones should I watch dubbed and subbed between:

>One Piece
>DBZ
>Naruto
>Yugioh

And where should I start/how many seasons should I watch of each (doubt I'll be watching 900+ episodes of One Piece or every DBZ series lmao)?

Also, as a basic af super heterosexual cisgendered man would I be able to stomach Sailor Moon? Likewise would my gf be able to stomach DBZ? :thunk:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Truga posted:

lmfao what

My gf isn't really into anime that are too masculine (she couldn't stand jojo) and idk if the same applies to me but in reverse for Sailor Moon, another anime I thought of fomoing into :v:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

christmas boots posted:

not liking jojo is homophobic sorry not sorry

she is bi but ya igwym

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

kneelbeforezog posted:

Whats the absolute best pokemon/gundam/other segment from each long running childrens show?

The best part of Pokemon was the episodes where the cast fought Sabrina and got trapped in her dollhouse/died trying to capture ghost type pokemon

Now I'm remembering how stupid the original games were bc ghost type moves were supposed to be strong against psychic types yet there were no traditional ghost type moves whatsoever, and the ghosts were all part poison so got absolutely hosed by psychics

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

pray for my aunt posted:

Early Geass is fun but trashy, "of its era". Late Geass is moronic.

late geass i couldn't keep track of what was happening or who was on which side or why

i actually liked the ending though. everything else about s2 was dogshit much like death note

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Mirello posted:

drat this thread.

I'm staying away for a while because I just finished s1 of geass and I think its loving awesome. about 5 eps into s2 it is a bit more confusing but hopefully I don't end up as negative as you guys. the funny thing is after geass I'm planning to finally watch AoT, which everyone was also talking about / spoiling right before. It's like this thread is responding directly to what I'm watching (and calling it dumb as poo poo)

i love that the whole series could have ended near the end of s1 but doesn't because of a complete accident which causes the princess to massacre people with assault weapons