Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Honest Thief posted:

Not available in my country >:-|

let me tell ya story about the great hero Nord VPN

#notsponsored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

my son is on episode 982 almost caught up, only took like 2 years

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Cerebral Bore posted:

i mean, the tube has to go somewhere, right?

when you think about humans are a meat donut

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Gripweed posted:

Mobile Suit Gundam

can confirm

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

kyoto animation arsonist got the death penalty, I didn’t know japan still had a death penalty

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

not the right thread for it but drat if the trailer for netflix’s avatar looks pretty good

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

it was just boring, I don’t give a poo poo about school dynamics in my gundamns

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

what would be the most cursed gundamn watch order be?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

War and Pieces posted:

Whatever Toonami I actually did IRL

gundam seed into wing into G ?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I loving hate that poo poo where its one guy and all the girls seem to gravitate around him. Its such a loving common wish fulfilment trope.

Im Ok when it happens and all the girls just happen to not have any interest in the guy like what happens originally in Konosuba and with Chaika.

yes its called harem genre and you are supposed to ignore it exists

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

thats what happens when capitalism removes any ability to plan for or control your own future though, america has reality tv instead of anime tho

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

just realized Now and Then, Here and There is an isekai

:wow:

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I. M. Gei posted:

I think it's weird how there's no isekais where the character is upset about getting world-swapped and wants nothing more than to go back to their own world. That's probably how I'd react in that situation.

I just provided an example of one

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

MLKQUOTEMACHINE posted:

thanks for randomly posting about this anime bc im watching it rn and it is as brutal as it is good :smith:

oh ya its a loving trip

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

naruto run to the polls

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

what no Crest of the Stars fans?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I really hope I’m high as I think I am

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Casey Finnigan posted:

I watched halfway thru Trigun Stampede. First anime I've watched in like a year. and I'm amazed that they managed to create a version of Vash that is not funny or charismatic or even particularly good at gunfighting. He's like a completely different guy.

There's a bit on the sand steamer where he gets knocked on his rear end and just puts his hands up and waits to get shot before Wolfwood saves him. Like drat, at this point Vash is so incompetent I don't even care about him

definitely seemed like they wanted to push his character into even more extreme pacifism

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KaiLliYH1VY&pp=ygUVQ3VtdG93biBlcmljIGNsYXB0b3Bu

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

its me the guy who finally is getting around to watching my hero academia

gotta do something with this 30 day free CR trial

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

TSK TSK TSK

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I guess related but Shogun was probably the best 10 hour movie I’ve ever seen, absolutely phenomenal

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

oh that reminds me I think I read a blurb somewhere that black clover might be coming back soon on tv

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

trying to enjoy MHA, after 110 episodes its starting to get interesting, still lol at the creator thinking its appropriate for one of the high school girls powers is flashing her boobs to create objects. Jesus Christ man.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

wolfs posted:

is the grape headed guy still alive

lmk when he’s dead

oh ya that kid is cringe incarnate

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

net work error posted:

Lotta good shows out there, no reason to force yourself to watch 100+ episodes of MHA.

well tbf I have it on as background noise and pay attention when it seems like action might happen

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

People always say this and it sounds like a huge exaggeration for "someone who thinks some western comic stuff is cool" (with this often being expressed in contexts like "interviews with Westerners" where people are directly asking him about it).

MHA itself has far more DNA from other major shounen manga than western comics, with there just being occasional visual references.

UNITED STATES OF SMASH

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

just busted out laughing at the introduction of Star and Stripe and her army of stealth bombers

this uhh sure is something

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

oh and since I got caught up on MHA I went back and fired up Bungo Stray Dogs, I feel like this show makes way more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Animation quality in the first episodes of the new season of Demon Slayer was approaching movie quality imo, very nice, now lets see if this season Tanjiro stops crying like a baby.