Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I remember beating this game, but I don't remember if I was using savestates or not. The end definitely gets pretty difficult, that's for sure. Fun as heck though. I still keep some of the music around to play when I'm feeling particularly pompous too. It's great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Comments about the developer made me remember the other game the designer made: Monster Tale. It's another mashup game, only this time it's a Metroidvania on the top screen and a tamogachi on the bottom screen. It didn't have the same level of charm but was also pretty good, from what I remember.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Incredible. They had announced they wanted to make a new version of it back in 2015 but then nothing ever came of it, so everyone thought it was abandoned, and now here they go announcing this.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

You don't really use the powered-up bullets much huh? You had a lot of opportunities during that fight to just tap a shot out before switching to the puzzle to do things for bonus damage.

I checked and I still have my old MP3s for the OST I could upload somewhere if it's not too :filez: to do so. Since it WAS available free before... Though, you can find most of it on Youtube, and the primary composer has a lot of it on Soundcloud too.

The theremin tango is literally called "The Moist Tango", and Lady D's boss theme is "Cake or Death".

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

CapitanGarlic posted:

What an incredible game this was. I'm not ashamed to say it absolutely beat my rear end.

Now, as a strange person who saves things that give me a healthy chuckle, I saved a screenshot of...someone, I apologize that I don't know who, who got one of the best avatar/title combos on these here forums shortly after the game came out:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=47170 They still have it, in fact.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I like how you state enemies can't kill the cannons immediately after an enemy kills a cannon. (19:20 in the video)

And yeah, I vaguely remember doing despawn shenanigans to get better cycles for platforms where the jump is stupidly tight if you come in wrong, but also I played this game forever ago so I barely remember.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

https://twitter.com/HenryHatsworth/status/2195624687

I had Banson's Aria on my MP3 player for years.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Blaze Dragon posted:

Between the crushers, the elevator section and now the dash, this really is heavily based on Mega Man X, huh?

MMX got it right, so might as well imitate it.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

You can definitely play this game in ways other than TEM is playing and reduce some of the challenge level it has, too. The aforementioned robot spam is one thing, but even just using powered-up shots more, spamming the crouch-slash, there's a lot you can do to manage enemies more easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Not even the swamp monster wants to be in the sewer.