Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm enjoying the "jiminy" in the Cole babble but I haven't heard a "willickers" yet and this is bothering me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

As slow moving as they may be that was quite the jump in the number of enemies in the mid-level fights. Sheer attrition, and it just gets worse?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Henry's just helping him fix both his monocles.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That's an incredibly lengthy level for a secret.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Blastinus posted:

Bounce pads combined with the enemies that fire arcing shots. I love this game's brand of evil.

Seems like pretty good odds that if you have to jump over/on something there's going to be something on the other side to shoot something at you.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'll give the fight the highest compliment I can think of and put it up there with the final level to Hitman Blood Money for musical accompaniment.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That's some pretty brutal timing on those boulder jumps.

Those eye pillars don't seem like a great design. Not difficult but especially slow if you don't have the right weapon.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

They always seem simple but I forever have trouble with the kind of boss in the second phase. A boss on its own with fast but predictable attacks like the first phase might kill me while I spot the tells but after that it's just making sure the timing's right. But a slow moving boss that takes up a lot of the screen with a rotating pattern and a few distractions to make me stop paying attention and take longer is always a disaster.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The current section reminded me a bit of the music levels in Rayman Legends. Feels like someone might be able to get through it without stopping at all.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The forward movement on the low attack seems a bit annoying. You simply can't attack something that's both small and too close.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The swamp monster is a strange aesthetic to appear in the puzzle world levels. Like, the gimmick fits, but why a swamp monster? There's no swamp anywhere!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

They introduce the swamp monster a level before the sewer level, don't use it in the sewer level, and bring it back for the level after the sewer level? What the hell!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Obvious Castlevania references aside, and this is a bit of stretch to connect the two because I'm sure there's been other games where you fight enemies on a bounce pad, I want to think that part was maybe a reference to this bit in Serious Sam The Second Encounter. I think there's actually another part with a bounce pad but that's the first one I found scrolling through. If Hatsworth had replaced the stacked monsters with the ballerinas as a Kleer substitute I'd have more of a case.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Finally, swamp monster in a swamp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

At least we ended up with the superior shopkeeper. Plus he has cripplingly low self esteem so no risk of another betrayal over ambition!

A delightful game but one thing I think really could have helped the later levels would be segmenting them into more sections. Some of those levels really started to drag with difficult section after difficult section (and I wasn't even playing it!). A fun LP regardless.