Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I love this game. But I could never beat the final boss. Avenge me!

Fun fact: I think the number of hits comboing on an enemy in the real world affects the chance of an enemy becoming a monster block in the Puzzle Realm (as opposed to an energy block or item).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Kibayasu posted:

I'm enjoying the "jiminy" in the Cole babble but I haven't heard a "willickers" yet and this is bothering me.

I thought the thing that went after 'jiminy' was 'cricket'. :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Wow, I didn't know that the special gave you i-frames, or I'd have used it a lot more often.

Also: ...Lady D sounds consumptive.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 10, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Solumin posted:

Also, what was going on with Hatsworth's sprite? There was a weird after image trailing after him, mostly in the second half of the video.

The afterimage is the effect of the 'star' powerup, which doubles Hatsworth's damage for a little while.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Junpei posted:

Couldn't you grind for money for upgrades to make the game less difficult? I mean, it's your LP, do what you want, but if it's hard, buy upgrades.

You can definitely buy (or even grind for) upgrades, and they help, but the game will still be very hard. You'll see why as we continue.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm 80% sure the game does not run on a global cycle, and instead loads in items/enemies as they get near the screen boundary. I seem to recall screwing up the timing on the platforms you described as 'bullshit' and deliberately trying to despawn them.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Feb 8, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Fun fact: The reason the musical notes make animal sounds is that matching them is what triggers Lance to be crushed by his fangirls.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Shaezerus posted:

All that singing while a tiny gremlin Englishman comes at you with a machete and you'd get a little hoarse on occasion too.
:haw:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The keyhole block can't be moved. That's it.

Also, the Boomerang's special has a unique property: it can destroy those sea mines you were jumping around!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

If I had to complain about one aspect of that fight, I'd have to single out the icicles. I think those things last for a full minute!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I've found that if you time an up-slash precisely, the ballerinas just bounce off. It's pretty cool.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I always thought Pokeys' hats flash red and yellow to indicate that it is a weak spot. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to attack the hat on some of those ones that are in tight spaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Perfect. :golfclap: Thank you for LPing this one. It's a really good game.