Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Seems like half-genies may need a union!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Psycho Knight posted:

This level has always been one of the more potentially horrifying things in this normally goofy game series. Like, a ton of mermaids must have been sold as food for him to have a "demand is high, supplies are low" situation. There's also no way that Shantae stopped a production facility designed to turn girls into faux mermaids faster than they could be sold. At least some of those missing girls were eaten by monsters. I don't recall there being any handwave about it either.

Assuming mermaids still work like regular fish I'm also choosing not to think about why the queen is captured :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of uncomfortable implications how about those ranger enemies just exploding into all of the bones.

Anyways its kind of crazy that there's barely any limit on the bat form. I guess you're stuck on the same level you transformed on?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Yep, definitely the Ammo Baron who brought down all the other racers. Him. Definitely.

Magic carpet uniforms is such a cute evil idea I'm surprised this is the first I heard of it!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There are no good wizards because as we all know, they have no sense or right or wrong. Spiders on the other hand are good and cool.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Castlevania 2 Shantae's Quest

That's (for the Gameboy, as far as I remember) some neat art work for the town hub as well.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

While definitely a kickstarter budget game backtracking and level re-use is pretty endemic of video games in general, much less the genre. Shantae is a series that always seems to pass me by so it was nice to see the result of the one I heard of thanks to everyone kickstarting everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm usually pretty forgiving of level re-use for DLC (and I still am here) but the excuse for reusing Risky's own crew as enemies in the first level is pretty silly :v:

Edit: And this last level too!

Double Edit: I'll just assume this is some tall tale being told to pump herself up in some pirate bar somewhere.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 27, 2021