Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Come on the Wells! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Maria seems like a competent young aspiring businesswoman. Perhaps she would be interested in a career in football :thunkher:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kick the 39 year old to the curb imo, far too old to handle the rigours of seventh division semi-pro football

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:neckbeard:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Not sure adding an extra game schedule is gonna help with the lads' lack of fitness, boss :ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Perhaps Jamieson can be :airquote: persuaded :airquote: to retire from active football for a coaching role

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh jesus christ, what did I drink last night? My mouth tastes like a dumpster truck rolled through it. Anyway, big up the Wells for a stunning comeback. Re: screenshots I preferred the way you did it in the first update. Also I'd suggest putting the screenshots after the paragraphs rather than before. It's a bit disruptive with them in front cause it's like 'oh you scored' and then you jump back to hear about how you scored.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mrenda posted:

The screenshot coming before is for a few reasons. First off, it follows what newspapers/online articles do. Secondly, if someone is only skimming the post they can see what the important element is, then choose to read about it if they want. Finally, it's to avoid having two screenshots in a row with little text between them.

I can change things up so the match screenshots come after the text, that's not an issue. Would you want the same for the more "manager" screenshots? When I'm signing players, or discussing tactics, i.e. not the during-match screenshots? So would you want me to describe, say, negotiating with a player, then show the screenshot after? (So I can do the screenshots "after" for just the match, or the match and the more textual/menu-based parts of the game.)

Yeah I get where you're coming from. Maybe try one update with all screenshots after and we can see how it feels for the non-match bits?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That NW Kent derby with Bearsted is looking tasty :getin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fedule posted:

What do you consider to be a nonsense centre back David

John Terry

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Number one rule of football, boss. Don't ever let the players push you around :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fedule posted:

[he/him-ly] I'unno, if these lads are gonna be with you anyway and they're demanding rope to hang themselves with, then I say give it to 'em, since we're all taking eachother so seriously.

The manager runs the team, not the players. If they walk out then I'm sure there's 11 people in Tunbridge Wells who'd be up for a kickabout

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Number one rule of football, boss. Don't ever let the players push you around :colbert:

I was right :colbert:

1-91 odds on favourites :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He's a keeper, gotta be teased for something

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No need to let the pressure get to you, boss. It's early days and the lads can recover from a bad run once they get to the weaker teams. Just send the boys out to have a good time and play the kind of football they enjoy and if you lose, you lose. Save your stress for worrying about the teams you should be beating.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's almost like we're a real football club :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Now that's what I call a performance. Look at the hustle, look at the grit, makes you proud. Ogogo's gotta have earned a spot in the first team there and the front line delivered on the promises of those missed chances. Up the Wells!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Workshopping a little something for the terraces

STOP, STOP
OGOGO
YOU CAN'T STOP
OGOGO, GO!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mrenda posted:

all systems Ogogo.

Admit it, this whole update was so you could make that pun

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Nothing to fear, boss. Smithy has got the defence on lock

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That Barry lad looks tasty, the boys did good to hold out for the result. Up the Wells!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
3 grand yerr having a laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Well you know what they say, football is the English language