Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

I just binged the whole series (and this thread). I loved Halo 1 and Halo 2 and all the books. Really impressed with the videos especially the most recent one about the lore, totally forgot about the 'spirits'. Love the banter between the hosts too.

I would absolutely watch a live (or later-stream when i have time) of you playing the Halo Wars games, even if blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

I must've missed it, got a time stamp?

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

When you showed the original graphics i think i liked them more, far more moody and atmospheric than 'it looks like a a ship but the corridors are wider'.

Also, is it cool if i post a link to the terminals, i never realized they were animated and I never watched any of them.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

Man i was so disappointed in that ending when i first played it. I was fully expecting Master Chief to get his own boss battle on the ark, thought maybe I had to unlock it on legendary. Looking forward you your Halo 3 plays now.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

Awesome. Really looking forward to this series, i played the hell out of Halo 1/2 but only did the campaign one time in Halo 3 and never really played it after that.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

Speaking of space elevators here's some simulations of what one breaking up would look like:

Base station severed

1/4 up

1/2 up

3/4 up

Counterweight destroyed

The gifs don't loop so here's an imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/oSALVgB

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

I wondered what game you were going to do next, I played through ODST one time so i'm really interested watching you play this.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

Thats just how heartless that society is. Fully sentient AI that manages an entire city, but make it so I cant communicate.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

Thanks for coming back and doing the series. This was the last Halo game I played (everything you've played, I also played through). So I'm excited to see where the series goes after this game, or is this the last one?

As for this game specifically, I really liked it, having read a bunch of the books and knowing that Reach was doomed anyway the melancholy of this games overall tone was really well done.

As for the show, I made it a few episodes in. I kept falling asleep during the episode, which is ridiculous for a Halo show, but they somehow made the universe boring.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

I forgot how futile this game makes you feel.

Like in the halo 1 and 2 games you're this bad rear end, one man army who saves the day, while so far in this game you're barely keeping your head above water.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

I don't remember from the books (which I think this game deviates from), having read them 22 years ago, but what spart does John play in the book, if any?

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

90 million roentgens is a lot of roentgens, if Chernobyl taught me anything.

90 million, not great, not terrible

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

Wait, so Cortana was a forerunner AI merged with human tech?

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

So, they're glassing the planet and yet they're still sending troops down for ground attacks?

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

Reach was the last Halo game I played, despite reading most of the early books and loving the series. I'm very excited to see what I missed. I have no idea what the story even is I'm halo 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

"Would you kindly..."