Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'm not really sure what they even accomplished. If the Flood are a hive mind, who's to say there's not several Grave Minds?

There being multiple would mesh with the line about defeat only adding time to the sentence.

Or is the idea that it'd survive the firing of the ring right in its face? And if so, why bother firing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

On the one hand I think it's neat how they made the city AI only speaks in stock voice clips or traffic signs.

On the other hand you, this is a world where fully sapient AI exists and it seems weird for the city AI to be limited like that.

I think it'd fit better if Cortana hadn't already been an established character, or had been some kind of forerunner relic.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

Different topic but I was thinking about a funny concession basically every FPS including Halo makes.

The plot tells you "go do the thing at place it's very urgent otherwise hundreds of people will die".

Then after you clear an area of enemies you can just stand around, admire the graphics, smell the flowers (or whatever Grunt blood smells like), as long as you like and nobody minds and the game doesn't progress until you go to the next section of the map.

It's always funny when a game does actually include a hidden timer that makes you fail (optional) objectives if you gently caress around too long. Deus Ex Human Revolution's first real level comes to mind.