Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I've never played any of these games but I'm genuinely disappointed that it sounds like Halo 3 doesn't take a sharp left turn into becoming a buddy cop story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yeah, I learned inverted control for flight games before mouselook was even a thing. Kept it up when it was the default for 20 years.

Now it's become the opposite, but I can't be bothered changing.
Yup. Put your hand on the top of your head, as if you were holding a mouse. Move your hand forwards, which way are you looking? Pull your hand back, which way are you looking now?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I never played halo back in the day so it's cool to see what all the hype was about. Before we get into 4, I feel like I've missed a beat on how 3 was meant to resolve - or not -
We saw a schism form in the covenant and now the elites are (mostly?) on our side, the flood turns out to have a big ol' centralised organ for their hivemind, we find the ark out in the middle of nowhere that builds and remotely controls the halos. Covenant leadership and the flood hivemind are conveniently there so we blow it up, then get lost in space.
Did I miss a plot dump, or was this deliberately left open for sequel fodder? Surely there must still be a massive poo poo-fight going on back at home that couldn't have been neatly put to bed by killing only the top brass - there's still a massive empire of religious zealots and a swarm of space zombies considered unstoppable by the forerunners just hanging out. Plus a bunch of as-yet-undiscovered halos waiting to explode and/or unleash more flood when someone wanders around pressing too many buttons.