Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Smackdown preview

* SmackDown Gauntlet main event to determine who challenges Universal Champion Roman Reigns at Royal Rumble

Tonight’s SmackDown main event will feature an epic Gauntlet Match to determine who will challenge Universal Champion Roman Reigns at Royal Rumble, pitting highly decorated Superstars Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio, Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura and King Corbin against each other in an all-out battle to face The Head of the Table.

* Apollo Crews to challenge Intercontinental Champion Big E

On the Jan. 1 edition of SmackDown, Intercontinental Champion Big E joined forces with Apollo Crews to overcome the tandem of Sami Zayn & King Corbin.

The Powerhouse of Positivity is eager to prove himself a fighting champion, so rather than sit back and wait for a challenger to present himself, Big E announced that he will issue an open challenge for his title the following week on the blue brand. Instead, Crews stepped up and informed Big E that he will be accepting that challenge.

* The Street Profits take on Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode in a SmackDown Tag Team Title Match

After an absolutely brutal chair assault by Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode, it was confirmed on WWE Talking Smack that the SmackDown Tag Team Champions will once again put their illustrious titles on the line against The Showoff and his "Glorious" partner.

The Street Profits bested the challengers in their final match of 2020, but Ziggler & Roode hope to recapture the magic of earlier victories to open the new year.

Considering the vicious nature of the attack by their would-be challengers, will The Street Profits – particularly the knee of Montez Ford – be in any condition to repel their dangerous opposition?

Are you ready for a good time?

The Croc fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
whos in the stupid gauntlet

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kevin Owens' longtime best friend Damian Priest will get revenge for him!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It would actually be cool if Sami turned face and won that match. Probably gonna be Bryan though, which isn't bad either.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Surprise entrant Donald Trump pins Daniel Bryan clean to win the gauntlet

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The piped in You Sucks sound terrible

Not even remotely real

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

abraham linksys posted:

whos in the stupid gauntlet

Tonight’s SmackDown main event will feature an epic Gauntlet Match to determine who will challenge Universal Champion Roman Reigns at Royal Rumble, pitting highly decorated Superstars Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio, Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura and King Corbin against each other in an all-out battle to face The Head of the Table.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Kevin Owens' longtime best friend Damian Priest will get revenge for him!

I saw this reported as "Roman kills NXT star's push" and then when you read the actual story it's "KO thought it didn't make sense for Priest to be his best friend and Roman backed him" lol

e: It doesn't make sense! It's like... a basketball team in Seattle!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

I saw this reported as "Roman kills NXT star's push" and then when you read the actual story it's "KO thought it didn't make sense for Priest to be his best friend and Roman backed him" lol

e: It doesn't make sense! It's like... a basketball team in Seattle!

This is why I think they might actually turn Sami back face and have him win. If they actually listened to KO and Roman, Sami is the guy that should be used in that spot.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I really, really hate when WWE does this thing where a wrestler calls someone out to the ring and says "Hey look at this video package I put together"

e: Roman is a really good heel

e2: oh my god, every time they cut to showing Pearce from the front and Roman from behind you can see all the fuzz and string and poo poo stuck in the velcro

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 9, 2021

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
hmm I wonder when the wrestling will start on the wrestling show

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Digital Jedi posted:

hmm I wonder when the wrestling will start on the wrestling show

Never however at the current pace we're gonna hit that 2nd page and I for one am delighted at this level of intrest.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
When did Apollo get his last name back?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Croc posted:

Never however at the current pace we're gonna hit that 2nd page and I for one am delighted at this level of intrest.

Codependent Poster and I will team up to make this a reality, and then Vince will immediately split us and make him RAW threads only

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Intruder posted:

Codependent Poster and I will team up to make this a reality, and then Vince will immediately split us and make him RAW threads only

Yes thats the wwe we know and love way.

Also what the heck was that finish?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Hahahahaha

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Double pin, huh

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
lmfao glad i tuned in two minutes ago for that

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The Croc posted:

Yes thats the wwe we know and love way.

Also what the heck was that finish?

I think both their shoulders were down so no one won yet...but if that's the case why did the ref even bother counting?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

I don't know if I want to be the Billie or the Peyton of this duo

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

I don't know if I want to be the Billie or the Peyton of this duo

Either way you end up in a tag team

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Corbin being on that list of the former-best-in-the-worlds gauntlet match is like Bart being the newest member of the Fleet-a-Pita franchise

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What's the point of the loving double pin if you're restarting it anyway

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Is Vince back on his "I don't want any wrestling during a commerical break" kick?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That match didn't need the double pin at all.

Yay Sonya!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That match didn't need the double pin at all.

Yay Sonya!

Another least favorite WWE trope: the person on camera turns around and is surprised to see someone who was clearly just standing there slightly out of frame the entire time

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bianca and Bayley are cool.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Bianca and Bayley are cool.

this is the correct opinion.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I have to fight off a sudden wave of wanting to go to bed whenever Roode and Ziggler appear on screen.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The best thing about Carmella vs Sasha was when Sasha handed Carmella the champagne and she reacted to it immediately because of the BOSS knuckles, but the knuckles were facing the camera not Carmella

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Street Profits’ gear is so bad.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Stroker Ace posted:

Street Profits’ gear is so bad.

Better than Roode in small pink tights

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Better than Roode in small pink tights

This is true, mostly because they’re shiny.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Ziggler and Roode to now fued with all the other tag teams on smackdown... Which is???

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was a good match mostly thanks to Ford, and a terrible result.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Vince put a belt on the CHUD with the presidential seal tights specifically as a gently caress you to twitter

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The Croc posted:

Ziggler and Roode to now fued with all the other tag teams on smackdown... Which is???

According to Adam Pierce and Sonya, either a rematch with the Street Prophets, Gable and Otis, or more legends. Real deep pool there.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pearce's listening face is hilarious

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Why doesn't he just come in and lay down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhonne posted:

According to Adam Pierce and Sonya, either a rematch with the Street Prophets, Gable and Otis, or more legends. Real deep pool there.

Gable and Otis would be good, I guess. Street Profits really shouldn't have lost though.