Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Sneer Gory
Sep 7, 2005
I've toyed with West Marches-esque games in the past, but a big stumbling block I encountered was "What happens when the session ends in the dungeon?" I recall seeing something using a table or roll to see what happens if the players don't make it home safe, but I can't seem to find that at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Sneer Gory
Sep 7, 2005

Yeah, that's the one. It never came up either, when I "used" it. Partially because the dungeon I was using with it was fairly linear, so leaving the dungeon was pretty straight forward for the players. That, and no significant travel time between the dungeon and town.