Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

yeah fair enough I think my sunday record was similar, I dunno what all these dudes are whining about

Hah!

I didn't know we were doing introductions! When old PITR was around I got into grinding super turbos on full tilt and just rakeback pro'd it up for a couple years there sitting on almost every table that opened. I can still see sngwiz in my sleep. I wanted to be the first guy to get the car with full tilt points on FTP, and was pretty close to it when it shut down. But the feds never gave me anything for all those points, although I did finally get my roll back. Also *still* upset about the timing of that shutdown because I *swear* I had just worked out a major hole in my game (tried to get too "unexploitable/gto" as I just piled on more and more volume, ended up not calling enough and shoving too light, especially against other regs). I'll never know for sure, cus FTP was the only site for that game! I saw faarcyde doing a well on 2+2 a ways back and he basically said "yah, people weren't calling enough". Goddamnit. 1% difference in ROI would have been a lot.

Definitely got disenchanted with poker after that, although I do still play when I go to vegas. The limits are about to be raised here in colorado so we won't have that weird 100 max bet game anymore, will have to see if more people are playing and if they can get any 2-5 going finally. I do have a lot of experience playing blackjack, I made a thread about that. Also have a good chunk on predictit that I've grown over the years. But I moved most of my high stakes betting to selling options now.....

Baddog fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

Do you think trading of that nature is possible to be profitable at as like a home trader?

It seems to be wildly split on that opinion wise and I tried to get into trading several times but never got past paper trading because I could never really be sure I was +EV at all

For the longest time I believed there was no edge at all unless you had inside info. Starting to think that options markets are slow to fully react, especially in less liquid equities. And people overvalue risk reduction. We know that's human nature from playing so much poker, seems like it might be relevant in derivatives as well. My sample size is way too small of course.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

gobboboy posted:

What up friendos.

Gobbo! What's up! And gently caress Howard Lederer, goddamn that dude.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Mr. Toodles posted:

Didn't Gobbo crush a 10k at the venetian or something like that?

Gus Hansen was so happy he beat gobbo headsup in the Aussie millions he went and wrote a goddamn book about it.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Hey I get to try out using the probation button, yay.

I wasn't even aware of the QCS forum before a few days ago, but it definitely seems like the more appropriate place to handle all the bitching about supposed racist tendencies of admins/mods/your mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001

steve odwyer posted:

please do your part to stop the spread of covid so I can go back to playing live poker someday, I can't afford to keep donating at online high stakes much longer

MTC! Was happy to see how you've done man, awesome.