Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scotsman
Jun 9, 2002

Stefan Prodan posted:

Hi everyone!

I'm Stefan Prodan, I'm one of the new IKs. This subforum literally changed my life and I'm glad it's back. My career began with a dude named "obithrawn" on here started with a thread called "my journey into online poker" in SAS and after following some other goons like Adar who were playing 3/6 limit and making some small amount I decided to give it a shot. I've been a professional poker player now for 14 years, 3 of those were spent posting in PITR in probably its heyday learning how to play before deciding to do it full time.

I know this subforum is never going to be what it was during the poker boom but I think there's a lot of people maybe still interested and honestly it's still a decent way to make some good side money, even if I wouldn't say it's a good time to try and play professionally. Looking forward to posting with everyone again!

I like the idea of re-introductions. Good to see you still hanging around buddy!

I'm Scotsman. I was the mod of PITR soon after its inception up until it randomly got closed one day. It is what it is.

I only play poker on a casual basis these days however I owe a lot to my time running PITR and playing poker for a living as it helped me understand the analytical thinking behind gambling that much more. I'm big into sports betting now, running various betting tips websites and betting sports practically professionally. (It's not my primary job but it may as well be)

So with us looking to make this a more of a gambling talking forum, I'm cool with chiming in and talking about it. I've also got a lot of experience in building communities etc so looking forward to hopefully getting PITR thriving again.

Anyway great to be here and I'll look to create some new threads to get some discussion going over the next few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scotsman
Jun 9, 2002

Aredna posted:

Sweet to see the forums back. Would love to see a GSOP again one day.

Man I was just thinking about the GSOP. That was so bloody fun. Didn't we have a variety of tournaments then the winners of each got to complete in the main event?

I remember setting it up each week and trying to get pros to join that was always cool when they would. I'll have to try and find the old threads about the GSOP - would be neat as hell to get that going again.