Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I recently cut my subscriptions from 60 -> 25 and it feels much better.

I love podcasts and could listen to them all day long but it took me way too long to realize that they were another form of entertainment at the same level of books, video games, movies, and TV - they were tickling the same sense of enjoyment coupled with the very satisfying feeling of constantly "catching up."

Every time I ran out of episodes to listen to I'd find something new to subscribe to, listen to their complete archive, and repeat.

I realized I was skipping other things like watching TV/movies, reading books, etc because I had a growing list of podcasts to listen to.

They're a double edged sword for me - instantly available entertainment that makes me feel like I'm getting smarter / more knowledgeable with every minute, even when that's not true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Sleng Teng posted:

That’s a lot of podcast still, but good on you

got it down to 20 today!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

grate deceiver posted:

uh, what did you thought they were before you realized this?

it's not a stretch to think you're learning something from listening to history podcasts