Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
2.1, we're Miss Marple and we're gonna solve this mystery because no one will suspect the kindly old lady is a super genius

Also a halfling just dramatically bumped into us? If I know my fantasy tropes that is suspicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
No preference on the preference question, but I would like to suggest we take a wizard's staff which, as per the song, has a knob on the end

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
I knew that drat halfling was shady. Pump guile imo. At the end of the run are you going to do any mechanics posts for stuff we missed, like that clue 4 you mentioned?

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Window feels like a misdirect, go for the closet

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Is there meant to be anything to give us a clue as to which rooms are important or is it really just trial and error/remember it on your second playthrough?

I suppose I'll jump on the bandwagon for 4

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

CottonWolf posted:

There’s the ledger we didn’t look at in Chapter 1. But there are plenty of other ways of finding out who’s in rooms that we could still access, beyond trial and error.

That's pretty cool then. I'm pretty tempted to buy this one myself and play along with the thread

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Imo ask all of them in order except for 1 because good god that is an awful opener. "So, I noticed your race. What's up with that?"
And maybe don't blow the 10 mana unless we get a feeling there's a reason to suspect her after the other questions. We're really chewing through our mana. Is there a way to replenish it?

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
2, our defining character trait is literally being nosy. We absolutely are going to peek

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
I feel like room 6 must be important if we've been directed to it. Wasn't the guy that died also a VIP of some sort, like a government thing? Could be related

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
2, give the man a hug, we're having a moment

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
I love that this game gives you the option to awkwardly try and force a conversation when you have nothing to say (and I assume you get relationship penalties for it)

Still, I think we're savvy enough to read the room. 3

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

ultrafilter posted:

2, keep our options open.

Agreed, 2, we're maxing out our kissing stat

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
This has been a very amusing conversation. I like that he's basically the polar opposite of the elf girl. Probably time to get back to the mystery we're meant to be solving, though.
1 doesn't seem super relevant, but we know that this place gets VIPs and at least one of them has died, so I'd go for 2 and see if there's a pattern of that sort of thing here

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
1 then 3, perhaps?

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Is there any way to read his mind now, or have we missed the chance? He's shady as hell

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
1, maybe we can increase our kiss counter

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Lmao if the thread title was a clue that will be amazing. The innkeeper is like an 80s slasher villain and kills anyone who starts getting frisky. Perhaps even Wen's parents, and she wasn't abandoned at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING