Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

finding out who has a crush on whom by loading up their FF6 saves and seeing what they named Locke and Celes

this except it was terra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quarterroys posted:

loading saved games from previous renters was the best.

one time I rented Earthbound, and there was a save that was at about the same point I had been at in my last rental, so I continue from there, and find out later they gave Poo a racist name.

i get to the end, and the party prays to ask for help from this dumbass kid in my gym class, and I’m like oh lol i guess now I know that guy really doesn’t like asian people

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I might have told this story before but at the rental place in my hometown they had the game cases out on the wall with a little tag attached you would bring up to the counter. When Sonic 3 came out I was dying to play it but the tag was always gone. One weekend I went with my family and I decided to look inside the case and lo and behold the tag was inside. Some kid came over and started talking to me and I could immediately tell that he had hidden the tag in there. He started telling me that I shouldn’t rent it, he heard that when Sonic got hit by an enemy he would start bleeding and leave a trail of blood behind him for the rest of the game. That just made me want to rent the game even more of course. I wonder what that kid is up to now

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this reminds me of the time in the eighth grade when my girlfriend broke up with me and they didn't even need to rename the characters in a video game to recreate it. she has the same name as a tekken character and so do i. a bunch of us were together and one our mutual friends fired up tekken and said "oh look, this character has the same name as your ex, and look! here's you!" and she had me play the guy with my name and she played the character with my ex's name. it was the first time i had ever played tekken and she kicked my rear end, just brutally kicked my guy in the balls over and over again, and she was like "oh look, it's just like what happened to you last friday!" and i was trying so hard not to cry that i had to leave. i've still never played any version of tekken again to this day.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I might have told this story before but at the rental place in my hometown they had the game cases out on the wall with a little tag attached you would bring up to the counter. When Sonic 3 came out I was dying to play it but the tag was always gone. One weekend I went with my family and I decided to look inside the case and lo and behold the tag was inside. Some kid came over and started talking to me and I could immediately tell that he had hidden the tag in there. He started telling me that I shouldn’t rent it, he heard that when Sonic got hit by an enemy he would start bleeding and leave a trail of blood behind him for the rest of the game. That just made me want to rent the game even more of course. I wonder what that kid is up to now

Bicyclops posted:

this reminds me of the time in the eighth grade when my girlfriend broke up with me and they didn't even need to rename the characters in a video game to recreate it. she has the same name as a tekken character and so do i. a bunch of us were together and one our mutual friends fired up tekken and said "oh look, this character has the same name as your ex, and look! here's you!" and she had me play the guy with my name and she played the character with my ex's name. it was the first time i had ever played tekken and she kicked my rear end, just brutally kicked my guy in the balls over and over again, and she was like "oh look, it's just like what happened to you last friday!" and i was trying so hard not to cry that i had to leave. i've still never played any version of tekken again to this day.

Lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lmfao brutal

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Bicyclops' real name is Armor King

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Jesus dude lol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

she single?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

lol

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

lmfao thats awesome

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bicyclops posted:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

fuckin lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
walking past a preowned copy of tekken tag tournament at gamestop with "Anna and Paul forever. Love you babe!" written on it in sharpie and feeling an intensely dark aura emanating off it that fills you with dread

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

walking past a preowned copy of tekken tag tournament at gamestop with "Anna and Paul forever. Love you babe!" written on it in sharpie and feeling an intensely dark aura emanating off it that fills you with dread

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

Lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Hizke posted:

lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Hizke posted:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Hizke posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Hizke posted:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
barely january and we already got post of the year

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao at everything

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I used to always rent games with a friend and our families were to poor to buy memory cards for the longest time. We spent months torturing ourselves trying to beat final fantasy 7 in one sitting, getting as far as Nibelheim iirc.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

i went to blockbuster every other weekend and the one copy of Quest 64 was alwayas checked out and i was always sad bc i thought it looked loving amazing. i still have never played it

I call them retard pretend games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lmfao