Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

Since the forums seems to have a weird and creepy fixation on Spooky Skeletons, I thought I would give everybody a thread for Spooky Skeleton content.

This should prove helpful for people who, like me, prefer not to encounter Spooky Skeletons: simply don't read this thread, but all the other ones are safe!

For instance, here is a list of threads in BYOB I have avoided reading due to a high likelihood of encountering a Spooky Skeleton. Are these threads actually Spooky Skeleton free? WHO CAN SAY!

So please, everybody, do your part and post all your spooky skeletons in this thread only.

Here are a few questions I imagine I'll be asked a lot in the future:

Why are you afraid of Spooky Skeletons, cruft?
The answer is in the question, friend!

What if I need to refer to a Spooky Skeleton in another thread?
Please use this thread to post the actual skeleton, and then post a link to your post in the other thread. Think of this as sort of like a spoiler tag, except for Spooky Skeletons.

Is this for all Spooky Skeletons, or only human Spooky Skeletons
ALL SPOOKY SKELETONS

What about non-Spooky Skeletons?
No such thing.

Thanks in advance for helping to make the forums a safer place for everybody!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

alright op I need to ask this im sorry but what if, and hear me out on this one, what if fully sexual snail with spooky skeleton?

cruft

Glutes Are Great posted:

alright op I need to ask this im sorry but what if, and hear me out on this one, what if fully sexual snail with spooky skeleton?

Great question, Glutes Are Great! Thanks for asking!

I think you're going to have to fire up Photoshop and split your image in half.

Spooky Skeleton half: this thread
Fully Sexual Snail half: "Fully Sexual Snails Roundup Megathread", or maybe "kicked out of starfleet"?

Please, if there are physiological reasons why the Spooky Skeleton cannot be easily photoshopped away from the Fully Sexual Snail, consider leaving it in the safety of the "C:\Windows32\Sexy_Snails" folder that all BYOB posters are known to have.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I'm with op on this one. I've never understood the skeleton "joke" which seems such a big part of these forums. pls just get it out of ur system ITT

:colbert:

Goons Are Gifts

cruft posted:

Great question, Glutes Are Great! Thanks for asking!

I think you're going to have to fire up Photoshop and split your image in half.

Spooky Skeleton half: this thread
Fully Sexual Snail half: "Fully Sexual Snails Roundup Megathread", or maybe "kicked out of starfleet"?

Please, if there are physiological reasons why the Spooky Skeleton cannot be easily photoshopped away from the Fully Sexual Snail, consider leaving it in the safety of the "C:\Windows32\Sexy_Snails" folder that all BYOB posters are known to have.

uhhhh I am extremely torn over here, I feel like one of these folders I should post in its entirety all over byob and the other one I should contain to one thread, but I can't tell which is which!!

cruft

Glutes Are Great posted:

uhhhh I am extremely torn over here, I feel like one of these folders I should post in its entirety all over byob and the other one I should contain to one thread, but I can't tell which is which!!

Okay, this is actually pretty simple if you just ask yourself this One Simple Question:

quote:

Could this contain a Spooky Skeleton?

Let's go through you System32 folder line by line, asking this question!

sd-Arab-PK
no Spooky Skeletons here, :justpost:

SecureBootUpdates
This is a little tricky because at first it sounds like you're gonna say "Spooky", but no, you're fine! :justpost:

setup
Although it may contain Spooky Skeleton installers, there's no clear indication of Spooky Skeletons, so :justpost:

Sexy_Snails
You're A-OK on this one, please remember to also PM me with the contents :justpost:

Sexy_Snails with SPOOKY SKELETON :siren: :siren: :siren:
See those handy sirens? That's your conscience alerting you to Spooky Skeleton content! Be sure to only post these files in this thread, and nowhere else!

I hope this walk-through has been instructive and can help all BYOB posters decide what should and should not be posted outside of the Spooky Skeleton Roundup Megathread.

cruft

Glutes Are Great, we need to have a talk about your avatar.

Goons Are Gifts

oh I see what you mean, yeah, no, I fell for it, too, but no worries, the butt had the hairstyle done by a regular human not a spooky skeleton, so it's fine

I'm not sure about my actual butt though, sometimes it goes rogue and gets a haircut elsewhere and I have not yet received confirmation about it being spooky skeleton free

cruft

Glutes Are Great posted:

oh I see what you mean, yeah, no, I fell for it, too, but no worries, the butt had the hairstyle done by a regular human not a spooky skeleton, so it's fine

I'm not sure about my actual butt though, sometimes it goes rogue and gets a haircut elsewhere and I have not yet received confirmation about it being spooky skeleton free

Oh, hahaha, okay, cool.

Keep us posted as regards your actual butt's hairstyle, though!

nut

lol bones

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GqGzp8TtEI
i get so caught up on bones

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

cruft

Thanks for Spooky Skeleton related content, Heather Papps.

Thread-appropriate content. Thread-appropriate av. Thread-appropriate badge. A+ post.

Manifisto

cruft posted:

Thanks for Spooky Skeleton related content, Heather Papps.

Thread-appropriate content. Thread-appropriate av. Thread-appropriate badge. A+ post.

you might say it "owns bones"

ty nesamdoom!

cruft

Here is a highly spooky video including Spooky Scary Skeletons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVtNjyCQE0

I couldn't make it past about 10 seconds but now it's been posted in the thread if anybody feels the need to link to it from another thread.

cruft

More:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm going to die someday and my skeleton will continue to haunt PR's PMs with pictures of cat buttholes, but spooky and skeleton-y. Because I'm a Bone Bud till the day I die, pal. And then like, I'll literally be a Bone Bud because through the magic of decomposition I will skeletonize into my final and dare I say best form.

Stoner Sloth

Kief Richards posted:

I'm going to die someday and my skeleton will continue to haunt PR's PMs with pictures of cat buttholes, but spooky and skeleton-y. Because I'm a Bone Bud till the day I die, pal. And then like, I'll literally be a Bone Bud because through the magic of decomposition I will skeletonize into my final and dare I say best form.

powering up to super skellington mode to spookify my enemies - it takes an undue amount of standing around yelling and makes quite the mess but it's worth it

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Macnult

now that’s what i call spooky doots vol. 69
spooky doots to make your bones rattle

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have a tattoo of a skele but I won't post it because it's too close to my boobs for posting comfort

cruft

Macnult posted:

now that’s what i call spooky doots vol. 69
spooky doots to make your bones rattle

Good av for thread.

I am starting to realize that BYOB is like 60% Spooky Skeleton avatars.

Makes ya think.

cruft

Kief Richards posted:

I have a tattoo of a skele but I won't post it because it's too close to my boobs for posting comfort

I would also be uncomfortable if a spooky skeleton was too close to my boobs. Good luck with this scary situation, friend.

However, I believe MS Paint was created for situations just like this!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

I would also be uncomfortable if a spooky skeleton was too close to my boobs. Good luck with this scary situation, friend.

However, I believe MS Paint was created for situations just like this!

Okay I'll give it a shot but I'm doing it on my phone with my finger so here goes bad art

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Okay so here's a two sections sketch of what it's like

cruft

Kief Richards posted:

Normally skeletons alone are pretty spooky, but I'm a little worried that this individual might be getting squished?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Normally skeletons alone are pretty spooky, but I'm a little worried that this individual might be getting squished?

It's like a five point harness for bonybois he's fine

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kief Richards posted:

skeletons may be spooky sometimes, but they always have such a happy smile

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

biosterous

when remembering posters i often mix up forum poster beer pal and forum poster posting smiling, because
1) fun spooky skull av
2) good poster
applies to both

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

most of how i remember posters is by "what is their avatar" and "are they a good poster", so any time folks in byob have similar avatars i have no way to tell them apart

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Manifisto

biosterous posted:

most of how i remember posters is by "what is their avatar" and "are they a good poster", so any time folks in byob have similar avatars i have no way to tell them apart

imo it would be entertaining to give everyone in byob an identical avatar and identical username except for a numeric suffix and have everyone post normally and see if people could figure out who was who

for a short time anyway

the problem is we would have to temporarily forego sigs, unless we also included an opportunity for yobbers to make sigs for others based on who they think they are or how their recent posting has been

ty nesamdoom!

cruft

Manifisto posted:

imo it would be entertaining to give everyone in byob an identical avatar and identical username except for a numeric suffix and have everyone post normally and see if people could figure out who was who

for a short time anyway

the problem is we would have to temporarily forego sigs, unless we also included an opportunity for yobbers to make sigs for others based on who they think they are or how their recent posting has been

I could make this happen with a Chrome extension. It'd be voluntary but could be a fun exercise.

Manifisto

cruft posted:

I could make this happen with a Chrome extension. It'd be voluntary but could be a fun exercise.

hmmm interesting, although people not participating might be very confused

would the extension be able to handle the "x posted" part of quote blocks?

cruft

Manifisto posted:

It would have to.

Working on it now. I'm going to bring in a small subset of Jett's byobscript stuff too.

Prof. Crocodile

Thank God for this thread. Posting some stuff from the Welcome and Chat thread which really needs to be filed somewhere formally:

im freaking the heck out posted:

I wonder if it skelepoops?

Prof. Crocodile posted:

in my professional opinion the skeleton horse poops tiny little bones like after you eat buffalo wings or something.

cruft

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Thank God for this thread. Posting some stuff from the Welcome and Chat thread which really needs to be filed somewhere formally:

2 skeletons in one photo = double A+ post

Keep 'em coming!

Was anything resolved later vis-a-vis the skele-poops?

Goons Are Gifts

uh hey baby is it the first time for you here or

Goons Are Gifts

are birbs spooky?? asking for a toucan

cruft

Manifisto posted:

Okay, I have a Chrome extension. It's less interesting than I would have hoped.

Google must have gotten absolutely wolloped about extension security, they're making me wait two weeks for a manual review of it, since it will modify web site data.

If anybody is interested, let me know, and I'll make a new thread walking you through how to try it out. I don't recommend this for anyone who hasn't at least dabbled with a little application development in the past: in general, you shouldn't go using developer mechanisms without actually being a developer, because it bypasses a lot of safety mechanisms.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm interested, post the thread. I'm gonna install it on the Hexed Box because that things a honeypot anyway.

cruft

Kief Richards posted:

I'm interested, post the thread. I'm gonna install it on the Hexed Box because that things a honeypot anyway.

Okay, posted.

And now, back to your regularly skellingtoned program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Glutes Are Great posted:

are birbs spooky?? asking for a toucan

This can't be real.