Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Si Spurrier's recent comics do it too. The Spire, Coda, and Alienated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

They wrote about them in their autobiography book that came out a few years ago. No idea if that Apple TV series also brought them up.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So thanks to the Venture Brothers thread of all places, I realized I had a Mandela effect going with Ben Edlund. I was under the impression that he died a while back for some reason. This also made me assume he only wrote the first 12 or so issues of Tick because he left for the TV shows, and never came back.

So my question is, why did he ditch writing the comics without ever going back? Has he done anything else besides TV work since that run? Seems like besides the TV show, he doesn't have much to do with his character, seeing as I'm looking at a "Complete Edlund" collection on my bookshelf, and it's no thicker than Watchmen.