Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Random Stranger posted:

I finished R.E.B.E.L.s in the fall and it's likely to be spring before I reach the Nu52 version...

The old REBELS? The newest REBELS has a surprise arc with multiple surprise reveals. When you get to it remember this post and post your reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

X-O posted:

I believe that's more a product of either the simplistic "Eww girls are gross" mindset they probably thought the target audience of the book had or a backwards "Ugh a dame? Really?" mindset prevalent in those times. Maybe a bit of both.

It is this yes.

Endless Mike posted:

I'm sure there's plenty of things you can read in to if you want, but unlike some other characters in X-Books, I don't think any writers intended for Iceman to be queer in any way.

Look at people wanting the Human Torch to be gay because he yells flame on to light on fire.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bringing back Hal Jordan ended up being the best thing to happen to Green Lantern comics.

Bringing back Barry Allen ended up being the worst thing to happen to Flash comics.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

You are not a soldier until you kill a child.

Edit:brownie, you're doing a heck of a snipe.

Did the legion guy get to the rape planet of the R.E.B.E.L.S. vol 2?

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 9, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

Having just learned what NFTs are yesterday, I'm going to enjoy watching someone else learn what they are.

Swing by the doomsday economics thread in CSPAM. This has happened every weekend the last 3 weeks.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I like REBELS vol 2 until the rape planet arc.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

No, I mean the Lime.

In my defense it was because I made the very poor decision to ride it home from a bar.

Lmao you should have lied to us.

Edit: get better and watch out for those razor scooters. This isn't the 00s

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

A Strange Aeon posted:

This might be a dumb question but is Peanuts worth reading? Like I know it's very popular or was, but would it be rewarding to read the entire run of it? Newspaper strips I find tricky because of the format--like if you judged Calvin and Hobbes on a dozen mediocre weekly strips instead of as an entire body of work, you'd walk away with an entirely different perception of it. But I don't have the ambition to read every published Garfield strip because I don't think that'd be rewarding.

I know Peanuts was long running, but how full of mediocre weekly strips was it? Is there a good place to start if not at the beginning?

Most of the early years are good. Nothing from the 90s onwards is. 80s is a mystery to me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Final Crisis is still bad.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Or just read heathcliff, foxtrot, far side, and 90s dilbert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Vincent posted:

Wait, "Real Heathcliff" isn't photoshoped???

No it is good.

Unlike final crisis.