Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Did Kirby ever tell any of his Nazi killing stories in interviews or is it all just him telling friends and colleagues over cigars and whisky sort of thing? I’d love to hear them but I’m sure if he wanted them told in public he would’ve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Oh, I know who Stan Sakai is, that’s what I meant by friends/colleagues. I was just wondering if there’s anything that isn’t second hand. I also realize most vets will be reluctant to talk about that poo poo with anyone not a peer or whatever. I’m assuming if he was comfortable with anything specific being on the record it would’ve been released by now. Maybe Mark Evanier has tapes or something (it’s been a looooong time since I read his Kirby book but I think he eluded to some things).

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Oh, I got it, sorry. Day drinking is bad for reading comprehension. I was also under the impression that Kirby didn’t really have a serious cognitive decline til like his last two or three years (so early ‘90’s) and that he’d been telling the same stories up until the end (where your joke comes from). I didn’t know he was getting bad mentally that early.