Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Random Stranger posted:

I don't know if that's an actual Japanese comic, but I'd d read it.

Until the inevitable tournament arc when it would become obvious that they ran out of ideas but aren't going to move toward any kind of resolution for their central arc. That dragon is never going to find a house or even have enough character growth to realize that there's no such thing as the perfect house.

In the same way that not all comics are Marvel or DC, not all manga is a shonen action series.

And tournament arcs can kick rear end, dang it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

I hate this

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Endless Mike posted:

Your friend and mine Chap "Chip Zdarsky" Zdoosky, along with friends Moderator "David Brothers" Hermanos, Deb Aoki, and Chris Butcher have a new podcast where they read anime called "Mangasplaining". The first episode is in Akira and the second on "Delicious in Dungeon". Catch it in places where you listen to podcasts I guess.

Finally, a manga podcast for people whose opinion on manga/anime is that they watched Cowboy Bebop once

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
At least now we know that Popeye fucks

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

A Strange Aeon posted:

Wait, why can't Batman go down on Catwoman? It sounds like the set up to a joke, but I'm guessing the punchline is something lame like "DC editorial".

They are probably squeamish about having Batman being depicted doing an explicit sex act.