Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Zachack posted:

Marvel for some reason likes to have the "standard" omnis use new cover art, particularly for classic comics. It may be bonus jobs for various artists, or maybe they think the classic covers won't stand out to the modern audience (who is also willing to shell out a lot of $$ for older-looking comics). But they typically have a direct market variant with classic covers:

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/jul200678/moon-knight-omnibus-hc-vol-01-sienkiewicz-dm-var

in pre-covid days IST would usually sell the "regular" style for half off and the DM for 42% off so I have a bit of a mix on covers because I'm a cheapass and honestly how often will I look at the covers (vs the spine). Covid has "fixed" this because the 50% days appear to have ended.

well this was 80 bucks I didn't need to spend, but I love moon knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So I gave into my friends and finally watched My Hero Academia and I pretty much enjoyed it. I really disliked Deku at first because that sort of whiney, scared protagonist just annoys the poo poo out of me. I think Bakugo dragged down every scene he was in with his constant screaming and cannot understand why his constant threats of murder weren't dealt with. My total lack of any ambition meant I absolutely couldn't identify with everyone's quest to be #1 and the sort of individualism at all costs the first season had pissed me off as someone who wants people to cooperate in order to succeed.

But Deku got better and the rest of the cast (except the mandatory pervert character) was amazing. The type of powers and the broad range of abilities they granted reminded me of Grant Morrison and that sort weirdness that Authority era Wildstorm had. All Might was one of the best Superman archetypes I've seen, and better than anything WB has brought to the big screen in decades.

All in all, even if you're an anime hater like I am, give it a few episodes. I know I'm late to the party, but that was some fun world building even if I didn't care for some of the anime tropes. Also: Froppy is my MVP

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
what about it? IMO it only gets better every season. Was season 2 the sports tournament? Because I remember parts of that pissing me off with how driven everyone was acting.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

And now for the first of my eight part series on why Fathom is actually the greatest comic series of the 90's...

yo i fuckin loved fathom and probably have a bunch of the early issues laying around here somewhere!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I hope this is the beginning of the end for Diamond!

Marvel is using Penguin as a distributer

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

How Wonderful! posted:

Hey everyone, I have a doctorate now so please let me know if you need a prescription... for comics and fun

And honestly, Dr Wonderful is a solid hero name

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I joke about sending people to horny jail because I'm ace, but I don't really mean it. that's bad, i wonder if it's more fallout from the sesta/fosta bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Today marks a special day in my collar bone recovery. I can put on and take off a danged t-shirt. No more button-downs for me unless I want to!

Congrats, I remember how happy I was when, after heart surgery, I could move well enough to wipe my rear end without a stick.