Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Are those the guys that demanded comic shops only sell their comics on it's release day and then send back their stock so anyone who didn't buy it the day one missed out? It made me kinda pissed finding out there's a new David Lapham book out that's next to impossible to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Herb Trimpe’s being talked about on Twitter, I knew he was pretty disillusioned with the comics industry at the time, but I had no idea Marvel did him this dirty when they fired him. drat.

https://twitter.com/ronjoseph717/status/1403009109188767744?s=21

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/library/national/010900edlife-56-edu.html

quote:

May 13: Well, the wait is over. Today it came, via Federal Express. I got fired by mail, effective June 8. No warning, no phone call. The letter was delivered with another package I was expecting from Marvel. You couldn't tell what it was by the envelope. A stealth termination. Opened it up. Bang! Gotcha! Ha! I've been waiting a long time, and still they caught me off guard.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Is Morrison's DC thing complete? I read and really liked Batman Incorporated back in the day, the one issue about the internet notwithstanding, but never got into the rest of the larger saga.

It got knee capped by the mandated company wide event that introduced the New 52, whatever the hell that is.