Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Is it on HBOMax yet?

Yes, it and B:TAS are now on HBO Max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They also added the Green Lantern CG animated series which is better than it looks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The latest episode of Teen Titans Go directly references the Lex Luthor 40 cakes panel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So DC Universe rebrands later this week and one of the big differences is that they're adding more imprints like Vertigo, Black Label and Milestone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Oh poo poo, if they add the big Vertigo books that would be amazing.

Ex Machina, Preacher, V for Vendetta and Lucifer have been announced. I seriously doubt they'll do Sandman though. That poo poo probably sells too well.

Edit: Also Hellblazer is in

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 19, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So far the goofiest thing about DC Infinite is how they have a section on "The World of Watchmen" but don't actually have Watchmen on the service at all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I read the first issue of Harleen and it is funny in that even though it is on DC’s “mature” label they still have some arbitrary rules. Like you can say gently caress as a swear but you aren’t allowed to use it to refer to actually having sex.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, in Batman: Damned #1 there was a scene with Bruce walking naked in the dark and you could kind of barely make out the shadow of a dong.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

They've backported a bunch of their mature readers stuff into Black Label.

Yeah, Azz's Lex Luthor and Joker are both Black Label, kind of like how Saga of Swamp Thing gets listed as a Vertigo comic even though it predates the imprint.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Annoying thing about DCUI is how there's a lot on there but there are still some gaps. Like they have the first vampire Batman comic but not the sequels. Also you can filter by some of the imprints but not all of them. Like you can just see Vertigo books but not Wildstorm.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I started reading Kirby's Fourth World stuff and even before they became Cadmus "the Project" sure were super unethical. Superman introduces them to Jimmy by showing him how the Project make clones of Jimmy and the (new) Newsboy Legion without their consent.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its funny when the Newsboys meet up with their dads and Flippa's dad has no time for his poo poo and makes him take off the scuba gear he's been wearing for like the last five issues.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My favorite Spawn related thing was during the Gaiman lawsuit where a judge had to read a bunch of Spawn and then give a ruling about how Medieval Spawn and Dark Ages Spawn are clearly just the same thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

drrockso20 posted:

Been reading a bunch of old DC Elseworlds books and man the quality of these books is even more inconsistent than I remembered, makes a bit more sense now why DC mostly abandoned the concept after a while even though it happened right around the same time they brought back the Multiverse as a concept in the main universe(and thus has resulted in it going heavily underused for most of the time it's been back)

It was goofy how often the series would just end on the status quo, like the comic in the post above mine which is Kal-El being adopted by the Waynes and becomes Batman but then just becomes Superman at the end, with a slightly different costume.

There's one where Bruce becomes Green Lantern and for some reason Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash never become heroes? It doesn't do a good job of explaining why they were just sitting around until the Guardians show up and make them Green Lanterns. Also that comic doesn't have an end because Green Batman doesn't defeat a combined Joe Chill/Sinestro (who are somehow Joker?) and instead just heads off to space to do stuff with the GLC.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably the darkest Elseworld is the Vampire Batman trilogy. Most other ones would end with things returning to the status quo or something close to it while Vampire Batman just keeps getting darker as it goes. Red Rain, the first one, mostly fits the standard as it ends with Batman becoming a vampire but he's going to be a good vampire who never drinks blood. Bloodstorm, the second one, kills off Catwoman which makes Vampire Batman drain the Joker of blood in a fit of rage. This one ends with Bruce making Alfred stake him because of the whole killing Joker thing. Crimson Mist, the final one, has Alfred unstake Batman after Gotham's criminals start running rampant. Unfortunately Vampire Batman has become full blown evil. This one ends with all of Batman's rogue's gallery dead, along with Alfred and Gordon who die trying to stop Vampire Batman. Standing in the ruins of the Batcave with the bodies of both friend and foe around him Batman steps into a ray of sunlight, killing himself.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't try to rebrand those books as part of the Dark Multiverse because they definitely feel like they would fit right in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vampire Batman showed up in a Countdown related tie-in where they did a Contest of Champions-alike with characters from multiple universes fighting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Squizzle posted:

that is bullshit, supermonster Superman should be a mummy: the only classic monster that respects the sun

There is an Elseworld where he's a Frankenstein monster.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The most confusing Elseworld definitely has to be JLA: Destiny which takes forever to explain why things are different (instead of Bruce Wayne and Kal-El there's Thomas Wayne and Jor-El) and also uses a bunch of Golden Age heroes without actually explaining who they are.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know I'm in the minority about this but I really didn't like the GL revamp. I think the emotional spectrum stuff is just straight up dumb.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I started reading Elliott Kalan's new series Maniac of New York. The story is basically what if Jason Takes Manhattan (with the serial numbers filed off) never ended? Four years ago on New Year's Eve there was a massacre in Time's Square with survivors reporting it was done by a man in a mask wielding an axe, subsequently dubbed "Maniac Harry" by the press. Since then he's roamed the island on Manhattan killing seemingly at random. The main characters are the gung ho new head of the underfunded Maniac Task Force and a disillusioned police officer assigned to it.

The book is a lot darker than I was expecting what with Kalan mainly being a comedy writer but I'm enjoying it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

site posted:

was just reading a black widow story where she comes across this kid who had their arms cut off and she just calls up tony stark for some super prosthetics and it makes me wonder if the stark foundation does indeed just hand out free replacement limbs, because that would be a huge fuckin deal i would think

Yeah, Tony has been providing robot limbs for people for years but it is one of those things that doesn't come up too much since it makes things too sci-fi to have a bunch of people with robot limbs running around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

People who actually work in comic shops, this is loving psychotic, right?

https://twitter.com/perpetua/status/1391042897768816641?s=19

This seems like a good way to have nobody buy your comic.