Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
why do christians think the week begins on sunday, anyway? isn't the whole idea that sunday is the seventh day, the day of rest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

No, that's the Sabbath, which is Saturday. Why so many Christians harp on following fhe ten commandments but then treat Sunday as the Sabbath instead is a mystery to me but I think it was done in Roman times.

Oh, huh. So why was Sunday the only day people got off until the 1800s ish when the modern weekend began. Sorry, I should probably just google this, but it's weird to see such a disconnect between Christian fundamentalism and capitalist ideas of constructing Western lives when the two were pretty much hand in hand for hundreds of years.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay, so Christians hosed it up and capitalism went with it. Got it, thank you for walking me through it!