Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you sad and/or angry Flash is gone?
Yes
No
This arouses no special feelings in me OP
Goku
View Results

wankel13b
Jan 23, 2005

quak

FactsAreUseless posted:

I know someone whose debit card got eaten by their ATM this morning. Turns out the ATM was running on Flash, and as of today that bank's ATMs are freaking out and holding onto people's cards, like the stupidest version of Y2K.

This would be the fault of the FI. It's been known for a while, and at least officially communicated to the FIs since October. All the Flash files need to be converted to MP4s and the latest vendor software update loaded. I would guess the terminal is a Diebold. NCRs should be blank where the animation would be, not crash the terminal.

I guess I could feel bad for these people; how much marketing and sales bullshit do you get from vendors, and how do you differentiate from legitimate communications?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wankel13b
Jan 23, 2005

quak
Why would the name on the door be legible from the inside? Completely takes me out of the immersive experience.