Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Like a few others I am a lurker without faith (raised Catholic) who enjoys reading these threads, so hello

Also according to my phone calendar it is Orthodox new year, so happy Orthodox new year everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

HopperUK posted:

Thirteen Brothers, surely

Thirteen Brothers, one God :D

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

“Snooty food people” absolutely love southern cooking for that historical aspect (generally if they’ve read anything by Michael Twitty) in my experience

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Raised catholic in the south here. I remember a group of baptists ripping out the statue of mary outside of our catholic school overnight and dragging it behind a truck before leaving the broken pieces in the parking lot for everyone to discover in the morning. That's one of the first things when I think of uh, less than pleasant insular southern congregations.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm also just going to take this moment to say that abortion isn't the forbidden topic in here it once was, we've had some good conversations about it in the past, but just as a reminder please stay civil with each other so that we can continue to do so.

I was about to ask if this was still the rule, thank you for clarifying.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Man, I just watched The Color of Pomegranates aka Sayat-Nova about the Armenian poet/troubadour turned monk. Absolutely stunning work of moving poetry. Must watch if you have a passing interest in the Film. Just Beautiful

lovely shots... I need to fast track watching this. thank you for sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

BattyKiara posted:

This pIace, and the Discord, are both amazing! We manage to do respectfuI interfaith in a good way! But what happened to siIIy hats and weird reIigious objects?

and buildings of worship! and music! though, nothing saying people can't post 'em if they got 'em

Ohtori Akio posted:

Interfaith space that stays civil and inquisitive is precious.

it's hard to find this kind of space even for more trivial things, it's pretty special.