Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
Hot take that just came to mind: I think the next Doctor should have a (fake) mustache in honor of the Brigadier.

Or an eye patch in honor of Inferno Brigadier, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

I just assume anything that isn't canon will eventually be canon, the episode that makes them canon just hasn't happened yet. Like Big Finish wasn't canon for years and years, then Night of the Doctor happened.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

Meanwhile, "Johnny B getting his cock out" was at least known well enough to be joked about in the video they made for RTD's departure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giaMRyn47Xg

edit: at the 2 minute mark, I'm phone posting and can't figure out the drat timestamp.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

Doctor Who vs the Sex Pests is apparently the actual arc of season one. :sigh:

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Still can't believe Patrick Troughton showed up cosplaying as the Doctor in Power of the Daleks and they put it on the air. This show is doomed!

Alan Moore parachute account found!

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

OldMemes posted:

Wait, why is Harry there?

He showed up to the cover shoot despite not being in it, because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SO1kQi4Pds

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

God, remember 12's theme kicking in as he pointed the device loaded with all Maisie's negative emotions at his own head and taking the Foretold away from her so he could deal with it instead? :hellyeah:

let's all watch that now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqNDkSqL4TA

And it has the callbacks to nine and eleven! Just drat fine Doctor Who. :allears:

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

The first thing any new show runner should do is bring back Chris Noth's character long enough for him to get some (ANY) comeuppance and then 86 him for good.

I don't know why that sticks in my craw so bad.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Pretty sure I do.

Or is that :thejoke:?

It's like, yeah ok I can see letting him get off lightly once, poo poo happens, bad people get away with stuff even in kids shows about fighting pepper pots. But twice?! Especially with the obvious real life basis for his character?

That real life guy is going to (most likely, because this is hell) get off light, so I need to see his fictional counterpart get his. Even the fake George W Bush* got killed by the Master!

Failing that, a new show runner should send them back to throw Margaret Thatcher into a black hole.

*it has been a while since I watched that episode, so he might not have been a GWB expy, that's just how I remember it.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Was that explicit and firm or was it implied and unreliable?

The Master said it, so it was explicitly stated but also unreliable.

Which fair play to Chibnall, he did give an out to the whole thing for someone. Not that the Doctor being a big stupid dummy and believing the Master's incredible lies is a GREAT out, but well you know....

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

YouTube's algorithm just served me this, and uh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygJTSnLQvP8

possibly a sequel to Rosie Ball?

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Mister Doctor? It's Strange, but who am I to judge?

CGI George Peppard cameos as Doctor Lecter.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Gatiss: Gave?
BBC: Okay fine, he overpowered us :smith:

While they were studying the blade, he was studying Venusian Akido!

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

they better include cyber-puking action in one of them.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

As long as none of the sex pests follow him back in the door (and I have little reason to think they will) I am hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

elf help book posted:

I hope they didn't really delete out their official youtube account for a dumb marketing gimmick. Pretty much any time I wanted to see a clip of the modern series they had put it up themselves.

It all appears to be back now.