Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I'm always interested in the DW episodes that branch away from the usual tropes of science fiction into more obscure ones. Perhaps that's a bad way to phrase it because all tropes are tropes but, hm, how do I say this - odder tropes? For example, Warriors' Gate when they are stuck in E-Space:

Or Mind Robber when they are stuck in fairy tale land:

Does anybody have recommendations as to more of these? I guess I'm talking the odder the better. There is that old DW book where he, the fourth doctor?, and Romana are traveling backwards in time in a way. So they get to the place and everybody is like, thank you for saving us! I forgot it's title. Paradise or Carnival or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU