Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

It Takes You Away genuinely stands up against some of the best episodes the show has done. More weirdness like that would be great, but yeah there being so few episodes made in Whittaker's run so far makes the bland or bad episodes stand out all the more.

Yeah, I thought 13 writing "the blind girl's parents are obviously dead but be kind" on the chalkboard was a kind of defining moment for her Doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty much that and the Witchfinders, which was a lost RTD-era historical

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Chibnall probably has good reasons for avoiding it, and they aren't great, but it sucks that Whittaker has never gotten a big brassy "The Power of the Doctor Forever, The Oncoming Storm" moment. She's written to just be so passive.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Edward Mass posted:

Think about this - when Chibnall leaves the show, he will have been showrunner for Doctor Who as long as RTD had been.

he's just been dicking around the whole time eh? RTD's tenure seriously gets better and better with hindsight.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Capaldi's seemingly-zero-effort costume of a hoodie or holey sweater under the frock coat was just absolutely perfect to me. And I don't really recall the two-parter, but I felt the sonic sunglasses and guitar were also inspired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I absolutely loved the couple of times he wore the hoodie/t-shirt-with-coat and the plaid trousers. I don’t think anyone else in the world could pull that look off, but he did it ease.

I don't know if it could ever be replicated, but Twelve working as a lecturer while dressing like a hungover firstyear was so perfect for the Doctor