Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Despite my gripes with RTD anything's better than Chibnall, gently caress. I'm fine with fun bad instead of bad bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yes he also had plenty of bad episodes, it's also a lot to do with the time, the mid 2000s was pretty dire for a lot of stuff and Doctor Who fell into that trap. But there were a lot of episodes that were fun bad that I've watched plenty of times, it's the whole taking a series as a full parcel, taking the show as a full package. Yes there's gonna be a proper shite and you'll question what you're doing with your life, but then the Doctor will swordfight an alien in his dressing gown and kill him with a satsuma and you're hollering. That's the fun of Doctor Who, the quality is wildly different week from week.

Now RTD will have more than Chibnall ever will, but aside from watching Jodie being amazing in the role, I will have a hard time convincing myself to rewatch these past couple series, it has been the blandest the revival has ever been. It's been perfectly fine here and there, but I don't think he really gets this show, and it's a shame cause Jodie's tenure has really suffered because of it.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Class3KillStorm posted:

Didn't No. 10 Downing Street also get blown up by tomahawk missile or something at the end of it (which was the start of the ascension of Harriet Jones, Prime Minister, and thus the First Great and Glorious Human Empire)? How did THAT one get hand-waved away?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVXJmfd3cmg

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well that's the beauty of Doctor Who, you don't know if an episode will be absolutely amazing or absolute garbage until you watch it, and they're sometimes back to back and written by the same person!