Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018
I’m not to keen on the female doctor I think she tries to hard. My favourite episode tho was heaven sent. The idea of being in endless, perpetual danger, ground hog day of horror movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018

OldMemes posted:

It's more the opposite problem, Whittaker is trying hard, but the scripts aren't.

Do you know what, that could be what it is. I havnt see. As many pivotal and character defining moments as I did with Peter capaldi or Matt smith. The girl is popping with energy tho

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018

jisforjosh posted:

Watching Revolution of the Daleks and they really couldn't come up with a better containment vessel for the cloned Dalek than an ATX computer case with two RGB fans at the bottom?

Also why on earth did he open it, what did he think was going to happen. Did he think it would just walk into the fire. THROW THE CASE IN THE FLAMES!

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018

Narsham posted:

Oxygen is one of the best episodes of Doctor Who ever written.

I forgot about this episode! drat I’m going to watch it tomorrow. I might have a little binge watch of dr who.

Can anyone list some of the best episodes? I think mostly because it was the first “modern” dr who I watched and got me back into it

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018

Jerusalem posted:

Here's a list of my personal favorite from the revival era on, obviously there's no such thing as a consensus view because Doctor Who fans can't agree on anything, but these are mine:

This is a VERY condensed list:

Dalek (9), Bad Wolf (9), Army of Ghosts (10), Blink (10), Waters of Mars (10), The Eleventh Hour (11), Vincent & The Doctor (11), The Day of the Doctor (10 & 11), Mummy on the Orient Express (12), Flatline (12), Oxygen (12), World Enough and Time (12), The Woman Who Fell to Earth (13), It Takes You Away (13)

This is a wider ranging list:

9th Doctor: Rose, Dalek, Father's Day, Bad Wolf & The Parting of the Ways
10th Doctor: School Reunion, The Girl in the Fireplace, Army of Ghosts, Doomsday, Human Nature, The Family of Blood, Blink, Utopia, Silence in the Library, Forest of the Dead, Midnight, Waters of Mars
11th Doctor: The Eleventh Hour, Amy's Choice, Vincent & the Doctor, The Lodger, The Pandorica Opens, The Big Bang, A Christmas Carol, The Doctor's Wife, The Rebel Flesh, The Almost People, The Girl Who Waited, The God Complex, The Crimson Horror, The Day of the Doctor, The Time of the Doctor
12th Doctor: Mummy on the Orient Express, Flatline, Dark Water, Last Christmas, Heaven Sent, Oxygen, Extremis (the two follow-ups not so much), World Enough and Time, The Doctor Falls, Twice Upon a Time
13th Doctor: The Woman Who Fell to Earth, Demons of the Punjab, The Witchfinders, It Takes You Away, Resolution, Spyfall (part 1), Fugitive of the Judoon, The Haunting of Villa Diodati

Thanks a lot man I gafs more than I expected so ok appreciate that. Give your condensed list a watch today while I’m working from home

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, I don't think Russell T Davies, of all people, is going to go that route. Bold bet but probably not a good one.

I wonder is that a racist thing to do tho? Not picking a white guy because you may look regressive???

How about picking the best person for the job? I’d like idris Elba tho if am honest

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Seeing a bit of a trend

Really I see the two as unrelated! One says I don’t like the female doctor, u assumed it’s because it’s sue female, I just think she’s try’s to hard…

Someone stated that going back to a white male would be bad, I said that could be interpreted as a bit racist as the best person for the job should be chosen, I said idris elbra, who’s black.

Not sure if your calling me sexist or racist and saying the two have a connection… think you need to read more carefully myself but your welcome to your opinions.

Edit: changed the word I found out was racist, it was meant it a derogatory way, apologies

BIgDevine fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018

AndyElusive posted:

Angels are are legit loving scary though, and they'll mess you up.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Remember the Statue of Liberty being one!