Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Edward Mass posted:

I'd bring back the humorous political satire, as opposed to the biting political satire we've had since RTD.

Bring back the farts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Zaroff posted:

So, we had a regular season of Doctor Who in 2020, which did not go down well with fans, then an 18-month break, and now it's coming back in the autumn with a complete story spanning the entire season.

Do the BBC still have any shows where annoying teenagers from the Doctor Who fan club can tell the writer how crap he is? And is Jodie going be regenerated off-screen at the beginning of Series 14 (I hope not)?

Joking aside, I'm disappointed we're getting another companion character added to the mix - the last two seasons clearly showed that 3 companions is too much for this current style of Who, so I'm not sure why they decided to do it all over again. Plus I'm still disappointed we were denied a season of Yaz and the Doctor travelling around and having fun together!

Hey, things are looking up for Yaz. She got two whole lines in that teaser, double most episodes!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

happyhippy posted:

That opening was the definition of the sheer laziness.
They could have had the Doctor spend decades there, so many stories and situations.
Made friends with some enemies she fought before, and all broke out is some mad complicated scheme
Hell, she could have just come across Jack who was serving a sentence there, and Jack goes 'Now I know what those words you said to me last means!', or 'You told me to give you this' and its a Tardis key, or some Bill & Ted time travel poo poo.
But no just a badly CGed bouncy ball effect and insta out.

Doctor who cliffhangers used to be worth waiting for, but the last few were utter copouts, forget them here's a one second distraction instead.

She couldn't just break out, she was busy reciting Harry Potter to herself...

elf help book fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 5, 2021

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I hope they didn't really delete out their official youtube account for a dumb marketing gimmick. Pretty much any time I wanted to see a clip of the modern series they had put it up themselves.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Flight Bisque posted:

It all appears to be back now.

Cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Ok now I'm looking forward to this but in the wrong way