Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jan/18/noel-clarke-interview-bulletproof-doctor-who

quote:

Clarke spent five years on Doctor Who with Billie Piper, and he remembers the show warmly – saying he’d be happy to pop back in again were he asked. But what about the main role? With rumours Jodie Whittaker may be leaving, would he consider being the first black Doctor? “Well, there’s a conversation to be had,” he says, laughing at providing me with some headline-worthy speculation. “There, I said it. ‘Noel Clarke set to return to Doctor Who.’” For someone who doesn’t like talking to the press, he certainly provides good copy.

lol why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

never put more thought into unraveling a story than the writer put into creating it in the first place.
disappointment is inevitable

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/jun/19/peter-capaldi-i-was-arrested-connection-bomb-explosion

quote:

If you could go back in time, where would you go?
Because of Doctor Who, I’ve had to make up so many bogus answers to this question, so I never want to answer it again.

lol
cursed for life

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

I'd kill off the time lords again.
or bring them back.
whichever is in turn at that point.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Are my eyes deceiving me or do people actually want more boring as gently caress DW from Chibnall? :confused:

I mean, yes, Jodie's great and all. But she's saddled with bad plots, boring stories, and horrible characterization from one of the most stultifyingly dull minds ever to be put in charge of the show. And it's not just me, the resident non-nuWho fan, who's said these things in the past ITT. Whoever said that Chibnall's waste of Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor is practically a crime was spot on. Why would anyone be clamoring to see more of it?

At this point they should just pull another Michael Grade, and put the show on hiatus for a bit. But this time, fire the showrunner and keep Jodie as the Doctor.

she might get on with her acting career elsewhere though instead of sitting around waiting for the show to restart

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

Perhaps they're going to use the 60th Anniversary to introduce the next Doctor?

soon enough the only episodes that ever come out at all will be for round number anniversaries.
so why not have a new doctor in each one?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

feel like we're. through the looking glass when in the headline Chibnall is referred to by name but JMS is demoted to needing an explanation of who he is.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

haha. this is awesome news I love it.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

hopefully this will be more like revival series 1 & 2. when he'd had a long time to think of what he wanted to do.
and not like the later series drop-off when I think the pressure of deadlines to get enough episodes out weighed on him.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

christ no that's a terrible idea

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

BIgDevine posted:

How about picking the best person for the job? I’d like idris Elba tho if am honest

not much left in the budget after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Zaroff posted:

Yeah, but at least they have a 6 part Shada as something unique!

Although to be honest I’m happy to see this as a sign that animations will get rereleased, since they never got bluray releases in the US/Canada!

oh good.
I was disappointed they forced it into a feature length cut instead of sticking with the episodes last time.

Davros1 posted:

This'll be my fifth version of Shada:

1992 VHS release
2003 audio starring Paul McGann
The original DVD of the 92 VHS
The animated one from a few years back
Now this Blu-Ray box
the Gareth Roberts novelisation is pretty good too