Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kuskus

do u think about bread? do you think about tiny yeast life?

i want to share with you a 1 hour time lapse of yeast going absolutely ape poo poo over raspberries, half a pear, and natural yeast found in honey. that's it.

maybe u think about it like this?

i just made a batch of mead from my honey and now i wait for the action. i will make a new time lapse when it gets bizzy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuskus

i am making overnight foccacia meaning yeast will gnarl and funktify flour for 12 hours in the frig and i'm just pumped about it.

kuskus

Kief Richards posted:

I would like to see a before and after if you got em, I love the fermentation process in bread making so friggin much

Kief just for you here is my lunch hour!!!

in the night time you mix 4 cups flour, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons instant yeast in a bowl, mix it up w/ 2 cups of warm water, then cover it, put it in the frig.
when u wake up you spread it in a pan and let it sit for 3 hours, then this:

u oil it, u rub it.

u play it like a piano
then u spread bbq rub on it and bake it at 425F for 25 min.
don't turn the oven off because i do a cheese layer.

sprankle a block of sharp cheddar, truffle oil and black pep

u slice in the middle, ok? then you slice it in half. if you eat a whole strip u die (i ate a whole strip).

taht's it baybee

kuskus

prepuce repurposed posted:

what is this gif sorcery :how:

it’s yeast

kuskus

Last night I thought my neighbor was playing bass music through the night or doing construction.

I opened the stopwatch on my phone and did a lap every time I heard bass pound.

0:14.61

0:14.52

0:14.23

0:14.84

It was yeast. Wild yeast. Eating my honey and creating gas in a food grade pail with a little bubble airlock. Yeast farts, using my side room as a subwoofer. It will be delicious alcohol in 5 more weeks.

kuskus

please tell me more about using nutritional yeast. my vegan friends say they love it on popcorn, it makes their eyes shoot forward like cartoon wolves.

kuskus

wanted to share what my mead blorp sounds like in the next room, so I made a recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFlMHcYdto4

what's the yeast trying to say?

kuskus

I'm sad to report that my yeasty bucket of mead is no longer burping at any interval, but I do have two pizza balls rising to make Italian beef pizza here in about 20 minutes.
toppings: buona beef, giardiniera, mozz, parm
sauce: flour added to beef gravy to make it super thick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuskus

Teddy Thunders posted:

I have bread in the oven. Super dark rye sourdough (extremely sour, extremely delicious) for sandwiches.

let's see that loaf!

here's a trip report.

food processor pizza dough:

1c water at 105F
1tsp honey dissolved
1 packet active dry yeast, stir it in.

wait 5 min for yeast to foam

3cup flour & 1 tsp salt in food processor, pulse to combine
turn on full blast and slowly pour in the foamed up yeast, wait 2 minutes for a stretchy yeast ball to clear the sides
rise under a towel in an oiled bowl for 2 hours, divide into 2 balls, make pizza.

the italian beef w/ giard pizza and gravy sauce:

shoulda saved some jus to dip it in