Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

yeast doesn't bang other yeast it just masturbates itself a clone

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

the number of yeast cells I've killed has to number in the quadrillions easily, maybe quintillions

to make 5 gallons of beer i start with about 100 billion yeast cells, about the same as the number of people who have ever lived. that's in 100ml slurry but if you take out the growth medium they're probably only 25mL or so. the yeast slurry by the end is nearly a half a gallon, and it all goes down the drain. trillions of cells every time

more falafel please

forums poster

kuskus posted:

I'm sad to report that my yeasty bucket of mead is no longer burping at any interval, but I do have two pizza balls rising to make Italian beef pizza here in about 20 minutes.
toppings: buona beef, giardiniera, mozz, parm
sauce: flour added to beef gravy to make it super thick

nice. I'm on my 4th jar of quarantine giardiniera

your mead is probably done with its primary fermentation if it's been going for at least a couple days

more falafel please

forums poster

giardiniera is a massively underrated pizza topping

more falafel please

forums poster

Prof. Crocodile posted:

also massively underrated as sandwich and salad topping, and as a savory snack. people outside the Midwest just don’t know that they’re missing.

it's weird when i go to a subway somewhere else and they just don't have it