Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
They're not hamsters, they're guinea pigs, OP.

They're also adorable as gently caress and I can't wait for the next episode :f5:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Somehow I didn't connect that Pui was such an obvious onomatopoeia :doh:.

I guess the English title would be something like "Squeak-Squeak Guinea-Cars/Pig-Cars" then?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Bandai Namco's Arts channel on Youtube is showing Pui Pui Molcars officially, albeit cycling an episode for the week it airs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev6pGQVWNSw

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Begs the question, is getting pooped out by your molcar a common danger?

I think it's more that he made his poor guineacar sick to the point of a total intestinal purge. If we want to get into this, the interior cab seems to be like a secondary sac and stuff getting in/out of it is because things aren't flowing as they should through the rest of the poor critter.

The real answer is poop jokes are universally funny for all ages.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I love a lot of the little details in this show, because there's a lot of stuff here that clearly came from someone actually owning guinea pigs rather than just using the animals as a cute design base. That fridge opening and getting EVERY molcar's attention got a chuckle from me, because that sound is ingrained into the brain of every guinea pig kept indoors. THE FRIDGE MEANS VEGGIES! :byodood:

That and the good old tug-of-war the little fellows like to have over the same bit of food, even when there's plenty of it around. :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
:siren:Official Molcar Plushies are being made:siren:

A set of five initially, the "main" brown-and-white one, the white one, the chocolate one with flowers on the ears, the police molcar, and the ambulance molcar. 990Y blind-boxes in stores, or the full set of five for 4950Y, and they look like they'll be out around May-ish. It says they're around 8CM long, so I think that'd be around the size of the animation models, wouldn't it? They look about that size at a rough guess.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You know, I swear that gatling gun is actually a Kotobukiya part. Which is pretty ironic really.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I so want to see Crazy Molcar as an actual game :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Someone on the modelling team is clearly a Wallace and Gromit fan with this week's Molcars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irCl7kFAd1Y

The Car Wash machine's clearly based on the machine from A Close Shave.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caphi posted:

better view of Molcar movies

Oh come on; "Molkira" is right there, minor background parody poster! :argh:

Also I'm half-hoping we get to see a Molformer at some point in this silly show :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caphi posted:

3 days until it's on Netflix and I can force everyone I know to watch it!

It's up on Netflix now. Looks like they've grouped the episodes into bulk videos (eg; episodes 1+2+3 together), but retain the individual opening and ending credits.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hang on, is one of those minigames just Rocket League but with Molcars?

Because now I want a Molcars tie-in with Rocket League. Also a western release of this game (:pray:).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Why was I not I not informed it was localized?! :stwoon:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Midjack posted:

It's the Asian release, I don't think it got NA, EUR, or AUS official release.

Where did some of my money just go and why do I now have a shipping receipt for a copy coming in the mail? :ohdear:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I splurged on the Collector's Edition of Let's Molcar Party, and it comes with an adorable "plush pouch" of Potato that's about the size a Switch game case in length and width (it's got a zipper and a keychain on it so you can use it as a small bag by the looks of it).

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this thing's technically 1:1 scale with the filming props, or even slightly larger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Midjack posted:

Cross post

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2022/10/the-witch-from-mercury-x-pui-pui-molcar.html

It's just the poster, sadly. I was hoping for a Gunpla kit :sigh: