Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is Alice, my best shrimp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
Ah, well. Makes it a bit less insane but still.

Knormal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz_RAwQFg2Y

This guy showed up in my Youtube recommendations for some reason. If you like this kind of this he has a whole channel full of it.
What the fuuuuck.

First of all I didn't know about the shrimp parasites or that they can stay in the sand like that, so I guess I learned something today, but.

a) Why would you do this. Even if it does help the shrimp for a bit, it's like trying to rake the forest ground.
b) How the gently caress does he have 1.5 million subscribers, with 2.5M views on that video alone?! This is more than some very popular tech or car channels that took many years to grow and he did it in 2.

I should probably quit my job and go record myself giving city rats a bath or something.

Bula Vinaka posted:

I didn't think shrimp lived in beach sand. That looks like a low oxygen environment. How do they breathe?

Also, won't those shrimp quickly pick up new parasites? It looks like every shrimp have them. Maybe the relationship is symbiotic?
Yeah I knew they can hide in the sediment but normally they should be just swimming around. Maybe they do it if they can't get away during the low tide? No clue.

I dunno if it's symbiotic but it's almost definitely completely pointless considering how many shrimp and parasites there are. He can spend all day there and it's a literal drop in the ocean.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 16, 2021

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lieutenant Dan posted:

I'm gonna be honest here I'm actually allergic to swimp/shrimp/shrempf. What's it like being able to eat your tiny little shrampers without blowing up like that willy wonka chick
Good. Fish and shrimps are your friends, not food.

Helps that I'm also allergic to all sorts of seafood.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TheAardvark posted:

Excuse me please keep this kind of posting to the dedicated Lobster Motorcycle thread thank u

Actually that's a sheep motorcycle