Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ah, Shrumps. The most intelligent of the sea beings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Pistol shrimps are pretty cool

Their eyes are one of the most complex in the animal kingdom and have evolved to see wavelengths of light that we can't even imagine being able to view.
...and we're not really sure WHY because it doesn't seem to serve them any particular evolutionary advantage per se.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Give a Squatch a shramp and he'll eat for a day.
Teach a Squatch to skrimp and watch him get gently caress nasty."
--ancient native American saying

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Waterbed Wendy posted:

yes I know that you remove the heads of shrimp before eating them. You also devein shrimp which means getting rid of their poop sacks

neither one of these is necessarily true or in your best interest. Especially the 'remove the head' part. Cuz....the heads are delicious, B.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

This dude knows what's up. Check out my man here clearing aiming for objective A. Shrimp dome.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Shrimplets!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Glass shrimp are super easy to care for and generally lazy, clumsy dorks.

Messy bitches though, if I remember right they need 1.5 - 2x the volume of water per inch of shrimp to fish that you calc for your tank.

Also I think a lot of the brightly died ones like in the photo are essentially tattood and fake so beware. Plus that's just mean to the poor shamps

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I have come with more shrimp tub

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Doctor Dogballs posted:

that's mantis shrimp.

Sorry.
Both of them have super strike capability.
I get them confused

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

can you post a bigger picture i can barely see that

I can but I'm not going to now because you're being rude

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Doctor Dogballs posted:

it's okay, i'm just glad to meet a fellow scrimp enthusiast

realpost, raw shrimp are the easiest thing to cook. if they look done, they're done. if they look gray and clear, they're not done yet. they take 2-3 minutes tops

Did you know if u kiss a skimp it will lay a magic egg and the baby shamp will be loyal to you and you can train it to walk on a leash it's true my cousin did it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Got those shoes on a shrimpulse buy, sounds like

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm many countries such as Canada and Spain shrimp are used as currency

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Knormal posted:

One of my coworkers has one on these self-sustaining ecosystem sphere things on his desk:

It's basically a life sentence of solitary coninement for the shrimp.

What happens when the shrimp gets so large that it hatches out of this container do you have to fight it or can you eat it immediately

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

How many shrimps you think it would take to fill abe Lincoln’s hat? :thunk:

Abe lincoln was only 2'7" tall in modern measurements, which was considered giant in his day, but in that time giant animals still roamed the earth so probably only like half a shrimps

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

Excuse me please keep this kind of posting to the dedicated Lobster Motorcycle thread thank u

Christ just go right back to gbs 1.0 rules already.
No profanity, proper punctuation, proper spelling, no lobster motorcycles in non-lobster motorcycle threads. Unbelievable.

I'll take my crustacean posting elsewhere if this doesn't let up.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I love to EAT shrimps and when I die I hope to be entombed with them thank you

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

They should make ShrimpAide it's a hydrating sports drink with the refreshing crisp taste of SHRAMP that everyone loves to guzzle!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

well to be honest giant shrimp taste the same as regular shrimp it's not like you'd really be able to tell in condom form what kind of shrimp they'd been or what size.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Honestly if we’re doin flavored condoms here I think trout would be a better flavor. Not being sanctimonious here just open minded. Hell I get a box of edible panties every week so I don’t have to wash underwear. Ive never really thought of mixing shrimp and sex I guess, eating shrimp to me is like the full experience. It’s not something I necessarily want to bring into the bedroom, I think if a woman saw me eating shrimp she might get jealous, and honestly if shrimp are in the mix she might just have to sit there and play gamegear until I’m finished eating the shrimps. And I even then I’d keep my boots on, ready to go to the market at any time. Like just pull out at any time and leave her quivering in agony until I come back with more shrimps. :shrug:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lookin' for a lover
Who looks like Danny Glover
And he's made out of shrimp in-side.
Oooh!
I want you
I need you
My shrimpy beau
I want some cocktail sauce won't lie

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

post pics of u succulently gnoshing those shrimplettes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Look at these beautiful, massive, delicious shrimps I found, I'm gonna make 'em and eat 'em ALL!