Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

HamAdams posted:

we’ve watched it like 4 times now and my wife has cried every time

extremely relatable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I thought it was ok and had final episode energy, but thought the ending was too convenient. :colbert:

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Agree, not having to move after all is a cop-out

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I only joined in the last 5 minutes and even then it made me sad but also I had zero idea what was going on and thought it was about a wedding at first

but who moves their stuff out of the house before it's actually sold? like where did it go? are you all like hermit crabs in Australia or what?

that estate agent was such a dick though, nailed the characterisation there lol

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The agent was mentioned in an earlier episode as a kid who teased bandit into giving up drawing for fun.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
wait was that the final episode or something? i figured they wouldnt move or theyd have the whole plot hole with bingo graduating with her bff whatever her name was

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

no there’s more bluey coming. there’s no way ABC lets the money faucet turn off after a 4 year run

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
yeah it just felt like a final episode until the very end. to be clear I don’t want Bluey to end, just seemed odd that a 30 minute episode about moving away wasn’t more significant from a show running point of view.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I felt that too. I love their home and neighbors and life, but I felt sad that they didn’t move to something new.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

my kids were too old for me to get into bluey but the last episode of adventure time had me getting a little misty eyed

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Shifty Pony posted:

my state senator is pushing a bill that basically bans algorithmic content recommendations for anyone under 18. passed the senate easily but the house wants some research into ways to comply with it after Facebook complained that "expressly and unambiguously requested" (referring to allowing searched-for content to be shown) was ambiguous :rolleyes:

hell yeah this owns. i looked it up, SB 976 is my new bff

i thought you were in florida for some reason though

also we watched the latest couple of bluey episodes. it's a good show. i felt like the ending of the most recent episode contradicted its premise but it was still good

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 19, 2024

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jesus im earnestposting about the plot of a children's cartoon, what is happening

hi earnestposting, im achmed

i've gone full dad, there's no hope for me, yosfriends

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

it definitely pulled a 180 at the end and I feel sorry for anyone who is in the middle of a move and showed their kids the episode without pre-screening it first. I kind of wish they had just done a within-city move.

made me feel much better about moving when mini pony was 2.5yo vs waiting longer though.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
We moved when our eldest was 1 and our youngest was a vague plan and it was dope.
10/10 would move again

My mom moved us to another county when I was 13 and I got to commute to my old school for a few years and then switch to a lovely local one.
2/10 but only because we got a dog

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the new episode of bluey destroyed me lol

this hit extremely close to home for me and yeah it was real fukkin misty watching that episode. goddamn its making me tear up right now lol. i heard thats the end of the series? is that true??

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nope Ludo has season 4 coming in a year or two

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

well thatll give kiddo enough time to watch the series 2-3 more times in anticipation lolol

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

jeebus bob posted:

Agree, not having to move after all is a cop-out

Completely agree. Also I know its a kids cartoon but the decision made no sense. Bandit had already accepted another job and presumably quit his current. Presumably Chili had already left her job too. They'd already packed and moved their stuff to a place they'd presumably signed a legally binding lease for. The dogs buying the house can't just opt out of a sale like that without paying fees. I can go on and on. I didn't like the way they handled the episode. It paints some sort of bizarre fantasy where everything works out magically. Which is a shame because what I generally like about Bluey is that (other than Bandit's unlimited patience and time for the kids) it is pretty realistic. The Sign, however, was not.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 25, 2024

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

also dogs can't talk so what's up with that? it's breaking my immersion here

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

CompeAnansi posted:

Completely agree. Also I know its a kids cartoon but the decision made no sense. Bandit had already accepted another job and presumably quit his current. Presumably Chili had already left her job too. They'd already packed and moved their stuff to a place they'd presumably signed a legally binding lease for. The dogs buying the house can't just opt out of a sale like that without paying fees. I can go on and on. I didn't like the way they handled the episode. It paints some sort of bizarre fantasy where everything works out magically. Which is a shame because what I generally like about Bluey is that (other than Bandit's unlimited patience and time for the kids) it is pretty realistic. The Sign, however, was not.

We haven't watched it yet because yeah moving is a big deal for kids and it really sucks that their take on it is "actually if you just want it enough moving doesn't have to happen"

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I think part of the issue with that episode is the show is as much a parenting example as it is a funny kids show. it didn’t really fulfill the parenting side this ep because yeah you can’t just unquit and unsell a house. I get the message that making big decisions just for more money is usually a bad decision but they could have gotten there without a miracle plot.

this commentary on an Australian children’s show is brought to you by insufficient sleep and adult content consumption for the past 5.5 years

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I wish they'd make new episodes of Wonder Pets

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I mean, the episode does literally say there’s happy endings in stories so often because real life has so many sad endings. Don’t think about it so much.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

It's important to be able to cry in front of your family.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

kiddo was completely unfazed by that ep while cut to me bawling my loving eyes out. ever been sincerely comforted by a 6 year old? its pretty wild

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Thwomp posted:

I mean, the episode does literally say there’s happy endings in stories so often because real life has so many sad endings. Don’t think about it so much.

it’s just monkies singing songs, mate

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Organic Lube User posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Organic Lube User posted:

After watching Coco my daughter and I just hugged each other and cried for two real minutes