Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

It was against Arsenal at San Siro, Milan won 4-0. They pitch had been relaid earlier in the week but only the wings, it was brilliant.

It was in the early 2010’s, don’t remember exactly.

Brilliant, thank you GG. I'm glad my memory wasn't playing tricks on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
The Pogmentary

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Just remembered this. Lmao

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Something I hadn’t heard about but now I’m chuckling.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
The Michael Owen Brochure

The Michael Owen Brochure actually working

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

harperdc posted:

This was the same season as Arsenal’s 8-2 loss at Old Trafford and the trolley dash before the summer window closed.

Not the same match but your comment reminded me of this

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
You just gotta love Mr Arsene Wenger.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
him deciding to wreck football as a response of being forced out at arsenal suggests no

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Her Dryer posted:

The Michael Owen Brochure

The Michael Owen Brochure actually working

You can’t mention this without sharing the images from the brochure!

Cool & Fresh

there were 4 pages describing how he definitely was NOT injury prone.

Spoiler alert - he only played 40 more times in the league the next 4 years before retiring

In these trying economic times, please think of the oft injured forward who doesn’t like movies and caused a builder to kill themself

sticksy fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 20, 2024

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

trp pals, are you a bigger fan of michael “tremendous by the way” owen or ryan “hard as a totem pole” giggs for footballer cringe

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
clean and fresh

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

trp pals, are you a bigger fan of michael “tremendous by the way” owen or ryan “hard as a totem pole” giggs for footballer cringe

Always owen

sticksy posted:

You can’t mention this without sharing the images from the brochure!

These are all the new forum background

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
lol I only just now realised the doctor ends his definitely not bullshit appraisal of Owen by saying he was in no way "an individual susceptibility to injury!"

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

Tough call - on one hand, it’s very funny that Owen paid media consultants lots of money and that’s what they came up with (it is annoying it somehow “worked”.)

With Giggs, it’s only him really making an effort and trying clumsily to be romantic but he doesn’t really have the mental or emotional tools to express it so he instead just talks about her in sexual terms. He did actually make it rhyme and it’s all very funny, so I have to vote Giggs for most cringe

Also “my greatest ever coo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

reminder that owen said “tremendous by the way” in reply to a big brother contestant sending him nudes

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

"tremendous by the way" is more Partridge than Partridge and the clear winner

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

jesus WEP posted:

reminder that owen said “tremendous by the way” in reply to a big brother contestant sending him nudes

lmao

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Gervinho

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

lol

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

sticksy posted:

Tough call - on one hand, it’s very funny that Owen paid media consultants lots of money and that’s what they came up with (it is annoying it somehow “worked”.)

With Giggs, it’s only him really making an effort and trying clumsily to be romantic but he doesn’t really have the mental or emotional tools to express it so he instead just talks about her in sexual terms. He did actually make it rhyme and it’s all very funny, so I have to vote Giggs for most cringe

Also “my greatest ever coo

"I remembered because I was high as a kite"

That doesn't make sense :colbert:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Giggs also hosed his brothers wife for many years and allegedly assaulted another girlfriend which sails straight past cringe into "is a massive oval office" territory

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Especially that cup tie against Bradford City

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Everything to do with Arsenal fan TV

Also the revelation of truegeordies scat fetish

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Suarez celebrating a goal at the corner flag and realizing none of his Liverpool mates are celebrating with him

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

cagliostr0 posted:

Wat

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

cagliostr0 posted:

which episode was that

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
When Jamaica scored an own goal on the last kick of the game to give the USA a lifeline in a knockout match

This just happened

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Stevie G saying "this does not slip" and then immediately slipping

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
We go again ! Iconic

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

vyelkin posted:

the existence of Stephen Ireland and Darren England makes me wonder what other players have their country as their surname

Rodney Cote D'Ivoire

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Failed Imagineer posted:

We go again ! Iconic

This expression is up there with my most hated, across all of the English language

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Lmao

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yaya Sonogo

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

:allears:

I know its from 2016 but reminds me of the early nba twitter

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

kri kri posted:

:allears:

I know its from 2016 but reminds me of the early nba twitter

It is my sincere hope that one day FIFA, or EASPORTS or whatever, does what the NBA games did and have the players voice themselves in a story mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2wpIeZDrHE

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Her Dryer posted:

It is my sincere hope that one day FIFA, or EASPORTS or whatever, does what the NBA games did and have the players voice themselves in a story mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2wpIeZDrHE

my dude... welcome to THE JOURNEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8GGpOYvb6c&t=21s

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

I briefly checked to make sure my dream didn't already exist, saw this and thought it was just a bunch of fake characters, very amused to see and hear Dele Ali's masterclass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

kri kri posted:

Yaya Sonogo

Banana Yaya