Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Watching the FIFA doco on Netflix and remembering that blatter always expected to be addressed as “Mr President” and to always stay in a hotel’s presidential suite lmao

Also that he assumed a friendly between Israel and Palestine plus giving the world cups to Russia and then the USA would win him a Nobel peace prize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Discussion in the tactics thread reminded me of someone saying "when I was at Real Madrid we would have hours-long meetings and training sessions about tactics. When I arrived at Tottenham, Harry Redknapp's team talks were just 'you play left, you play right, run hard and enjoy yourselves lads'"

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

To be fair those Brazilian cheese bread things are loving delicious

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The Argentinean FIFA delegate who would only agree to support England's 2018 WC bid in exchange for the Falkland Islands

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Cristiano Ronaldo not making the Team of the Season in the Saudi League.

Passed over for another Manchester United legend (who scored exactly 0 goals in 12 appearances), Odion Ighalo

who, wikipedia reliably informs me, has banged in 31 goals from 40 games this season

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Odion Ighalo sitting on a throne in a golden jet

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Alexis Sanchez’s unveiling video consisting of him tapping out Glory Glory Man United on a piano

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

greazeball posted:

it's how he will be remembered

lol that the background picture is an image of another, different injury

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

I still love that despite the German players agreeing at half time not to humiliate Brazil and to just play calmly and professionally in the second half, Schürrle comes on for the final 30 minutes thinking “gently caress that, I’m padding my stats” and immediately smashes in two goals

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Imagine having the gall to complain about being booked for that, loving hell

Even on the original wide shot you can see he’s going in at shin height with studs up and doesn’t get the ball

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

He’s going to invite that meat guy who sprinkles the salt

Salz Baekenbauer

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

In the rooms at half time, the German players agreed to not humiliate Brazil further and just play within themselves to not get injured.

Andrea Schurrle getting subbed on thinking “gently caress that poo poo, I’ve got stats to pad” and immediately scoring twice (including an absolute banger)

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

How is that different from an FA cup semi-final?

e; oh LOL it's semi-finals for the charity shield, gently caress me dead

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Oh apparently playing the final outside Italy is something that happens regularly

wikipedia posted:

Of the 35 finals played to date, the venues have been as follows:

Twenty times at the home of the Serie A winners;
Four times in China;
Three times in Saudi Arabia;
Twice in the United States;
Twice in Doha, Qatar;
Once in Tripoli, Libya;

Still, lmao at the blatant cash grab of semifinals for a pointless final

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

UnfurledSails posted:

The Turkish Super Cup match between Galatasaray and Fenerbahce was supposed to be played in SA but the SA officials said no to players wearing Ataturk shirts during warm up so both teams packed their bags and returned to Turkey at the last minute

I’m guessing they were sent straight to the Saudi consulate

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Big Sam having a 100% win rate as England manager

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The witch gave Pogba a potion and now he’s banned for four years

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Barca crashing out of the champions league to Mourinho's Inter, then immediately turning the sprinklers on so Inter couldn't celebrate on the pitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

harperdc posted:

Nicklas Bendtner

The self-perceived confidence test where Bendtner scored 11/10